Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:59 PM   #1

Noon's

Was just about to post the link - the specs look good and it could give the FZ's a serious run for the money. I still hate the size of that LCD way to big for my liking and the top ... yuck!

Specifics on the lens f2.2-4.6. 235k pixel EVF and LCD(nice) and Samsung are stating a 1sec startup time and 1.3 sec's between shots.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:04 PM   #2

I wish that Pana give us a FZ30 like this samsung , with

- OIS

- leica lens 2.2-2.8

this were the end of DSLR... maybe
Eponsart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:09 PM   #3

That Hot shoe is just in the wrong place...

Harj

PS

Still nice specs though....
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:39 PM   #4

Wow, I too am impressed with those specs...impressive.

Gotta keep givin kudos to those Koreans, if they have closed the gap on the Japanese already, they are certainly nipping at their heels....heck, chewing on their ankles. Just picked up a Samsung 19 inch LCD...Brilliant!
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:47 PM   #5

Bit crafty saying it's got the worlds longest zoom. Yes on it's zoom ratio, but at 35mm equiv, it's the same as the panas. looks nice though.

woods
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 3:16 PM   #6

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Pana 36-432mm zoom. Samsung 28-420mm zoom. More wide, less tele. No mention of lens stabilzation which would be a deal killer. High ISO and RAW is something the FZ could use.
Noon's

completely agree with you - without OIS it'd be seriously hard to use at the top end of the zoom. I wonder which CCD manuafacturer they used for the 2/3 sensor and if they've got the new Fuji Super CCD?

Harj

Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:07 PM   #7

The 815 is quite large and heavy also at 600GBP expensive could be as much as AUS $1500. (DLSR price)
Under the mode dial are front and rear thumbwheels (like a DSLR) for EV / APERTURE / SHUTTER / ??? it appears the zooming is controlled entirely with the ring on the lens barrel, It would appear there is more direct control with less button pushing.
Pity no OIS, the Scheinder Lens could be ok tho' they are a respected company but have no OIS patents.
The top LCD would be handy.
The 815 has quite an impressive macro set.

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:52 PM   #8

2005 is looking like a watershed year for the ultra zoom and it's only early June! But no IS at 15x? Or you dont need it at iso800? Doubtful.

"The launch of the Pro815 by Samsung Camera will add a truly aspirational camera for enthusiasts to its already strong compact camera product lines."

What is an aspirational camera?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:58 PM   #9

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Pana 36-432mm zoom. Samsung 28-420mm zoom. More wide, less tele. No mention of lens stabilzation which would be a deal killer. High ISO and RAW is something the FZ could use.

I just finished my first digital photography class (fun). We used a Fuji EF(?) 550. Nice camera (like the pana better, but still a good cam) This camera has an "800" iso setting. It's crap.

What they do is they reduce the resolution to the lowest(?) setting. The noise is pretty bad. As bad, worse than iso 400. It's unuseable imo, along with iso 400.

Point being is that the marketers are putting "iso 800" in their spec, knowing that consumers are lookingfor this butit's bulls**t. Don't fall for it. To getuseable iso 800,you still needa bigger sensor.

Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:51 PM   #10

I agree with Goldar on that one about the 800 iso. Just a selling point that probably does not deliver as one would expect. All these cams will have some impressive points and features but I don't believe the 800 iso will be as advertised.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote