Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 3, 2005, 4:38 AM   #1

Came across this on the Leica forum - the poster there has picked up a new D70s with the 18-70mm kit lens and gives his opinion on which in his opinion produces the better picts. Interesting read - I knew the Summincron on the LC1 fine lens was a really nice bit of glass but didn;t realise to get the D70 to match you'd have to get a high quality bit of glass. The kit lens is no match and the 18-70mm Nikkor is a much better bit of glass than the Canon EF kit lens that comes with the 300/350XT!

http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e...tml?1117676983

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2

Interesting Harj. Same old story though when it comes to image noise and speed. The DSLR wins every time. Only so much a small sensor can do.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:32 PM   #3

Pana LC1/Digilux2 Review here in 3 parts
Nice camera direct controls,quiet a beautiful lens, but cant compare to a DSLR at ISO400 for noise.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...x2-part1.shtml

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:03 PM   #4

Really nice Gallery of Digilux2 shots
Beautiful California..............

http://www.pbase.com/sdommin/cal05

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:03 AM   #5

John

Thanks for the link and yeah that is a really nioe gallery. Makes me want to jump on a plane and retake all my picts from California. There's just a quality about them that I can't put my finger on - could way say Leica!

On another note. What really gets me thinking about the LC1/Digilux 2, is here is a pro level digicam that has some flaws which stopped quiet a few pro's from purchasing it (low ISO speed apart) and which could be have been fixed with a simple firmware upgrade or add extra ram for the raw buffer yet Pana/Leica refused to do so. I simply can't understand that nor can I imagine Canon/Nikon/Olympus had they produced the LC1/Digilux2 for the pro market not bending over backwards for them with firmware updates, and minor hardware revisions. Will Panasonic have the same attitude for the 4/3 DSLR that they'll be introducing? I really hope not.

Cheers

Harj

:? :G
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote