Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:39 AM   #11

Thanks for posting that link ...a nice pool of info.

Diatu - like everyone else I'd say your composition is good and I like a lot of the pict's on the site, although I'm not sure on the first two.For the night street shot I would use a tripod or put the camera on a bean bag its the only way you'll get sharp picts, that one shot is just too blurred for my liking. The B&W's work well.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:43 PM   #12

Thanks guys

I'm a bit strange...I love low light shots, and I HATE flash. The first shot was a self portrait...I put the timer on, and put the camera on the floor. The second shot is of my younger brother...I think I had the camera at waist level, and was snapping away. Didn't want him to know I was taking it.

The picture on the street (the B&W one) is so noisy because I took it with my Nikon 2100 (2pm) with no flash at sunset.

Right now, to be honest, I'm more interested in composition than anything else. I can fix things up in iPhoto or Photoshop Elements. But I can't fix boring photos or bad composition.

Thanks for all the help! Please offer any more you may have.
Dlatu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 7:03 PM   #13

I really love your pics. They are a breath of fresh air in the world of photos....
One thing that gets left behind often is capturing the moment...and i think you do that admirably.A small thing on the ground missed by many (such as your bottle top) can be a thing of beaty!
I really like the bottles shot but would prefer it without the words to be honest.
Your style is very wabi-sabi.....look it up!

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:48 PM   #14

Jessiuk,

Thank you. That's quite a compliment. To be honest, I have very little interest in "normal" photography. I want to be a photojournalist (LOOOOONG way off, I know, but you have to start somewhere..I'm "only" 22, so I have time, God willing). I really like street photography, etc.

To get an idea of what I'm looking for, I think http://breathinglesson.deviantart.com/gallery/ is the epitome of photography. Also, check out http://www.indierockphoto.com/

Thanks everyone!
Dlatu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:08 AM   #15

HarjTT thanks for your endorsment of my gallery. I was very surprized to see that. To those that have noticed I will be quick to point out thta there are really no great pics to be found anywhere there. I bracket a lot and keep the best of what I come up with. Variety is probably as important as anything.

There is some confusion here about my name since i registered with one name and lost my password and changed user names before I could get it straightened out any other way. This is my real name. Spencer is my middle name. Anyway thanks again. Bob
bob ingman is offline   Reply With Quote