Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:24 AM   #1

Can you spot the error?
Attached Images

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:32 AM   #2

This was easy Nick. Um Pepsi and Iversonissdrawkcab :?
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:33 AM   #3

Yeah! That kid next to the mirror-reversed Pepsi cup has her elbows on the table. She should know better than that!!
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 2:35 AM   #4

Nick the kids don't look happy... its a great capture
the Title "What's Wrong WIth This Picture" this is a Van Morrison CD title from a year or too back one of our fav's of Vans work. ;-)
Image looks like a scan from a negative...
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:23 AM   #5

I must be weird Nick. If this is shot in a mirror, then the glass background does not fit at all. Unless these kids are trapped for eternity. Lets see, there is space between the photographer (you ???) and yet in the mirror, theres not :roll::-). I must be losing my marbles M8t.

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:30 AM   #6

Nick

Now you had me scratching my head on this one ..and then my wee brain kinda kicked into gear :idea: to me this looks like a scan you've taken and not flipped/reversed in photoshop. We also need to tell the kids to smile and open their eyes a wee bit otherwise they dont get any ice cream, coke, cookie or chocolates!

Harj

:G
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:54 AM   #7

:G You're too good m8ts! That - or my powers of observation suck. (And they do - been known to wear one navy blue, one black sock in my day. Now I just buy black socks... go with everything, don't have to worry about matching...)

Boyzo, you're right! This is a scanned negative - black and white TMAX iso 100, 120 roll film. I scanned this negative with an Epson 3170 perfection scanner that can scan 35mm and medium format negatives. (It's just amazing what this thing can do for the price...) Unfortunately, I scanned a few negatives on the wrong side! Doh! Still going through the learning curve, obviously.

Bent the rules a bit here, this was taken with my new old camera, the Kiev 60, which is a medium format SLR manual camera. I am having a blast with this thing - so much so, that I have absolutely NO desire what-so-ever to get a DSLR, now or for the forseeable future. The reason I like this camera, is that there's some amazing glass out there for cheap, Zeiss and Russian lenses that are really something to behold.

First shot I took in a while where I can control the depth of field... Was getting a little tired of having everything from one meter to infinity in focus. Film is dirt cheap now, US $30 bought me enough roll film to last the summer. The guy at the local photo shop charges me $5.00 a roll for just negs. (Until I get things set-up to develop the negs myself...) Nothing that will break the bank.

Anyway, they're fun cams... But they're huge! At this kid's party, the parents all whipped out their little 3 ounce pocket digicams, and I pull out this 3 pound Frankenstein lookin thing and a light meter. :?

Now, I'm looking into developing my own black and white, and scanning the negatives, photoshop tweeks, then printing them on my Epson C86 with MIS black and white inks, then for the ones I really like, matting and framing.

Sure, a DSLR is easier... but why does granny knit a sweater, instead of just buying one? Takes way less time, and probably costs less... (Answer - it's a fun hobby...)

Great day here in the states, beautiful... Time to go out and take some pics. ttyl, m8t's.

Nick

Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:56 PM   #8

cool picture and nice looking camera. i didnt know there was a camera by the name Kiev, and i should have! I was born not too far from there in Kharkiv, Ukraine and my mother actually visited Kiev several times before I was born. is that "TTL" on the front of the camera for TTL metering with flashes? that's cool, cause not even these 2004 FZ20's have it!:lol:
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:49 PM   #9

Max_Pain wrote:
Quote:
cool picture and nice looking camera. i didnt know there was a camera by the name Kiev, and i should have! I was born not too far from there in Kharkiv, Ukraine and my mother actually visited Kiev several times before I was born. is that "TTL" on the front of the camera for TTL metering with flashes? that's cool, cause not even these 2004 FZ20's have it!:lol:
It's made by the Arsinal factory? (They were a cannon factory that was converted to a camera factory, I think.) TTL doesn't refer to the modera ttl system for flashes. In fact, this has a cold shoe you attach, and only synchs to 1/30. Very basic manual camera - old school stuff.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:39 PM   #10
daz

Question, did you use a Russian made Catadioptric lens?

DAZ
daz is offline   Reply With Quote