Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:27 AM   #11

Great shots indeed.

I need some help with my FZ20 macro mode please - somehow I just can't use the macro mode.I switch to macro and get close to the object, e.g. simple flowers, between 10 and 2 cm from the lensand the whole picture is blurred. The auto focus seems to have problems to find the object as it moves through an almost sharp picture for a split second and then remains on the total mess... I have tried the manual focus but couldn't get any better results either.

Admittedly, I am not a camera person but expected the macro on such a camera to work a bit easier..

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Alobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:41 AM   #12

Alobar

in A, M, S and Macro mode, at 2-3 cm or farer from the subject, you cannot go beyond 2,5x zoom (around 90mm).
You get a maximum horizontal captured frame of c. 4cm.

And c. 2,5 cm if i am not wrong with one Nikon 6T, at 12x and about 25cm distant.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 2:17 PM   #13

Thank you very much, Narmer! Now it works just fine
Alobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 12:26 AM   #14

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Alobar

in A, M, S and Macro mode, at 2-3 cm or farer from the subject, you cannot go beyond 2,5x zoom (around 90mm).
You get a maximum horizontal captured frame of c. 4cm.

And c. 2,5 cm if i am not wrong with one Nikon 6T, at 12x and about 25cm distant.
Nikon 4T at 12X and DTS=12" That is 28mm of ruler.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:40 AM   #15

Being new to photography, I find these shots amazing. It's so hard to believe that thesewould beacheiveable for me with a step down and a Nikon close up lense!

Can I just ask if these were taken under natural light conditions, i.e. no flash or other lighting?

I hope to experiment with such shots in the near future, but I onyl received my FZ5 yesterday so more experience required!
overexpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:00 AM   #16

overexpo wrote:
Quote:
Can I just ask if these were taken under natural light conditions, i.e. no flash or other lighting?

These were taken with flash.

Since the internal flash cannot be used directly in combination with the raynox lens,I did a little workaround:

It's not very robust, but it works well.

But I don't think this is necessary with a Nikon lens, because with a4t/6tthe distance to the object is larger und thus the flash should be able to light the whole picture (not only the upper half as when used with the dcr-250).
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:22 AM   #17

Stoney79 wrote:
Quote:
overexpo wrote:
Quote:

These were taken with flash.

Since the internal flash cannot be used directly in combination with the raynox lens,I did a little workaround:

It's not very robust, but it works well.

But I don't think this is necessary with a Nikon lens, because with a4t/6tthe distance to the object is larger und thus the flash should be able to light the whole picture (not only the upper half as when used with the dcr-250).
I love it, a macro ceiling for macro bounce flash. The device looks interesting like an origami art.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote