Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:36 AM   #31

backyarder how have your landscape shots been coming out? If they have improved what worked for you?
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:47 AM   #32

Hi rebelpcb. I haven't been doing that many landscape shots lately. For one thing, its the rainy season here in Florida and its been raining for about a month. Plus, I've been lazy - no writing which means no pictures needed.

Plus, I have a family of hawks in my yard and I've been spending most of my time chasing them around trying to get pictures. And then turning around and running when they decide to chase back.

http://www.habitatjournal.com/journal
backyarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:11 PM   #33

Must be nice to have subjects like that right in your own back yard. Post some pics here and share a little.
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:21 PM   #34

It is incredible! This year I had visiting hummingbirds for months. It was the first time hummingbirds had ever come to my yard and I sold 3 or 4 hummingbird articles because of them. Now, the family of hawks! The problem with getting pictures is that they are way up in the trees, which means they are in the shadows. And the fact that it has been cloudy for so long. Oh yeah, and the fact that they decide to attack me from time to time.

I'll try to post some pictures of them later.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:45 PM   #35

I just noticed yout thread and so am responding now. It looks to me that your landscape picture is out of focus. If the shutter speed is 1/320 of a sec that should be ok, unless you are at large magnification. You need to make sure that the camera has locked focus, I think. Forget the stuff about photoshopping it. Your picture should look better than that out of the camera, in my opinion, softness of digital imagery notwithstanding.

SLK
cshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:30 PM   #36

See, now I agree with you SLK. I think that almost all of my pictures taken at a distance look out of focus. Closeups look pretty good, but when I use the zoom, they seem out of focus to me.