Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 8, 2005, 7:09 PM   #1

i am thinking of getting the FZ20. Panasonic's web sit say's it runs in mac's classic. I never do anything in classic mode, I always work in OS 10. Is there any way to import pictures in OS 10? Anyone?
snapsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:12 PM   #2

You should have no problems. I currently use system 10.4. I was using system 10.2 when I got my FZ20. There is no problem importing into OS 10. I use a USB card reader; I have used the dierct connection from the camera to Mac with the Panasonic USB cable. I do not have system 9 installed even.

When you connect there are several ways to get the data.
1. You can import directly into iPhoto. A icon for the camera or the card reder connection will appear in iPhoto and all you need to do is click "Import".

2. You can import with Image Capture. Once again, a icon for the camera or the card reader connection will appear in iPhoto and all you need to do is click "Import".

3. You can drag and drop from the Finder. When the camera or card reader is connected a renovable drive icon will also appear in the finder view. You can just preview files and copy them to your desktop (you should not delete files from the finder, the camera may have problems reading the SD card if you do).

My camera came with some image maipulation software on a CD. It all installed into OS 10.2 - 10.3.9 (I have not tried it in Tiger yet). I prefer iPhoto for cataloging and GIMP or photoshop for serious editing but the Panoramic tools provided work nice for stitching together images.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:19 PM   #3

Thank you for replying. I really am interested in the camera. Now that I know it will work on my mac, I might just buy it.
snapsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:31 PM   #4

I like mine alot and use it with my Powerbook and my wifes iBook all the time. It is absolutely great IMHO. We just got an LZ2 also.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote