Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 9, 2005, 6:26 PM   #1

I am now ready to buy a wide angle since the 36mm has proven itself to be not as wide as I want.

How is the satisfaction with this add on vs. the WCON-0.7x ? Any pictures you want to show?

How about fileters? Which ones and what source?

What ring size is needed with both to fit the FZ-20?

Thanks in advance.
mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:29 PM   #2

Read the post " FZ10 User Guide " all the info to get you in the right direction .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:50 PM   #3

mlhm5 wrote:
Quote:
I am now ready to buy a wide angle since the 36mm has proven itself to be not as wide as I want.

How is the satisfaction with this add on vs. the WCON-0.7x ? Any pictures you want to show?

How about fileters? Which ones and what source?

What ring size is needed with both to fit the FZ-20?

Thanks in advance.
DCR6600 on the FZ20 will work within a range of 23.7mm to 30mm. Here are samples of the Leica,DCr6600 [52mm mount] and Wcon07[55mm mount]. The first 9 pictures are WA. You will need a third party adapter to get the best results. Raynox RT5264Pand the CRing adapter are the only 52mm adaptersthat givethese results. All the rest require step-down rings which move the lens further away from the camera.

Yes, it does vignette in all settings but the minimal distortion is worth the effort of cloning the corners.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/Other/79692

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 9:30 PM   #4

The Raynox 6600 pro is the widest of the WA'savailable. It's "true" wide, and is the only one out there that gives that dramatic "forced perspective" look. However, you will need a step-up ring which puts further distance between the front element of the camera and the rear element of the converter lens. This resulted in vinettingin the corners of virtually every shot on the FZ-1v2. So, any shot I wanted to print ordisplay required post work. Also, therewas limited zoom-through capability only up to 2X on the FZ-1 before the corners because very blurry.Another thing to consider is that with any WA converter, if you want to use it indoors, you will need an external flash. The on-board flashes result in a shadow caused by the size of the WA lens.

The Raynox 6600 is an excellent WA teleconverter lens for the money, as it gives you a true WA at a .66magnificationrate, that takes youfrom 35mmto.23 mm. TheRaynox optics - amazingly,does this without barrel distortion. However, barrel distortion is easily corrected with panotools free plug in in photoshop, and other photo editingsw and plug-ins. I wouldn't weight BD so heavily in a future purchasing decision because of this...

The WCON 07too has an excellent rep, and doesn't require an adaptor ring. I can't speak to it from personal experience, but be careful that you donot get wrong mount, asOly makes WCON 07s bothwith threads andalso a bayonett mount. You want the threaded mount, obviously.

Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote