Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:33 PM   #1

[align=center]Evening Daylilies[/align]

[align=center]FZ1 5x[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]FZ5 6x[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]FZ1 5x[/align]

[align=center]FZ5 10x[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]FZ1 2x[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]FZ5 2.5x[/align]

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=left]Disclaimer: The fz1 was mistakenly set/left at iso200; ergo the overexposures. Presumably, the FZ1 would have done better at iso50 where it belonged. No way was I taking them again.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Both camera were set at f8 and ev-2. The fz5 flash intensity was set at 0. The fz1 doesnt have a way of setting the flash intensity, per se. The intensity and direction of the fz1 flash can be controlled by 1) covering the flash sensor with the right middle finger which results in maximum flash - too much - and 2)forcing the direction of the flash up with the left index finger pushing back on the flash head. I works.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:56 PM   #2

Fred despite the disclaimer well done.
Great shots all, just a hint of noise with the FZ1 shots
Great tip on using the flash on the FZ1

Thanks for posting

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:43 PM   #3

Thanks, John. I could kick myself for not putting the fz1v2 in its best light, as it were. The intent of the excersize was to show how well the fz1 doeson macros with a little manipulation of it's onboard flash. Once again, the detail is stronger (as expected) with the fz5 but the fz1does very nicely, thankyou. As I've said a few times, the fz1 is a very tough act to follow.A stellar camera - the standard for small image stabilized ultra zooms. If, with all of your added pixels and features, you can't match the fz1/2 for overall quality, you have failed. Simple as that.

Btw, the fz5 is doing ok at this juncture. A little at a loss on focusing occasionally which is not uncommon with the fz's. A little moreso than the fz1, however. Perhaps the fz5's idiosyncracies and solutions aremoreconcealed. Maybe they're making camers like video games. The challenge is part of the design.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:50 PM   #4

fmoore wrote:
Quote:

Btw, the fz5 is doing ok at this juncture. A little at a loss on focusing occasionally which is not uncommon with the fz's. A little moreso than the fz1, however. Perhaps the fz5's idiosyncracies and solutions aremoreconcealed. Maybe they're making camers like video games. The challenge is part of the design.
It is interesting to me that the FZ5 isn't better than the FZ1 at finding focus. My FZ1 has a harder time than my FZ3 in similiar conditions so I simply assumed that the FZ5 would be at least as good as the fz3.
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:14 PM   #5

Troy Carter wrote:
Quote:
It is interesting to me that the FZ5 isn't better than the FZ1 at finding focus. My FZ1 has a harder time than my FZ3 in similiar conditions so I simply assumed that the FZ5 would be at least as good as the fz3.
Well, that is interesting. I don't have the fz3.