Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 11, 2005, 5:21 AM   #1

Heard the issues about when FZ5 uses with T-CON at wide angle will vignetts horizontally but 'unsymetric', more left or more to the right, is it true..?,is it the same(normal) with all lumix FZ5??, how bout yours??

Thanks

-mid-
dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2005, 10:57 AM   #2

dian wrote:
Quote:
Heard the issues about when FZ5 uses with T-CON at wide angle will vignetts horizontally but 'unsymetric', more left or more to the right, is it true..?,is it the same(normal) with all lumix FZ5??, how bout yours??
The fz5 sensor/aperture/lens is misaligned (intentionally one would have to assume?) resulting in more vignetting on the right side when vignetting occurs as with a tcon at wa (an unlikely to be used situation). Is this an issue? I dont know. It certainly is curious. I would think the optimum design would have the middle of the lens lining up withthe middle of the sensor. Otherwise, a portion of the sensor would not be used. Right?

Btw, the other fz series cameras vignett slightly more to the leftalthoughnot nearly as pronounced as the fz5 is to the right.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 3:38 PM   #3

Hello Fred, thx for the info..

yes, I assume that a little portion of of the sensor is not being used, but the the sensor has more width area than the lens max apperture so the misalignment between lens and sensor can be tolerated even at wa, but with the tcon, we just do see them very clearly for not being perfectly aligned, right..? (the reason could be a tolerance in mass manufacturing process), I'm maybe wrong:G.

Do most people have the same kind ofvignetting on their fz5+the tcon?, just to make sure for the consistency, and do I have chance to test them in the shopbefore I buy one, but how..?, please I need your advices.

Thanks......

-mid-
dian is offline   Reply With Quote