Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:19 AM   #1

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:32 AM   #2

FZ5 gets trumped - slightly. Probably due to S2 features advantage. Hey, nothing wrong with strong competition!

"All-in-all I really like the PowerShot S2 and it gets my highest recommendation. I think the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 is more of a "photographers" camera with its sturdier construction, manual focus ring, and hot shoe, with the S2 being more of an all-around tool for still and video shooting. Close behind are the Panasonic FZ5 and Sony DSC-H1, and neither of these cameras should be overlooked. The best thing to do is get yourself to a camera store and try them all out to see which you prefer. Whichever of those four you choose you'll still end up with a great ultra zoom camera."
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:29 PM   #3

I did a quick look at the review...in the night shots it looks noisy at ISO100 and verrrry noisy at ISO200, much more than the FZ.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:13 PM   #4

Mostphotos fromthe Canon S2IS just don't have enoughsenseof depth and texture at least for me, what's wrong with S2's lens and that review..?

-mid-
dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:46 PM   #5

dian wrote:
Quote:
Mostphotos fromthe Canon S2IS just don't have enoughsenseof depth and texture at least for me, what's wrong with S2's lens and that review..?

-mid-
I just looked at the first pic (city centre dome) and noticed CA, a very visible color shift on the two palm trees and the windows of the building to the right in both the Canon and especially the Sony. I still think that the Leica is going to be a hard lens to beat. JM2C.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote