Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:03 PM   #1

my second picture using the FZ20. Comments welcome.
Attached Images

snapsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:52 PM   #2

Looks like you are off to a good start. Now you'll be wanting a 6t.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:46 PM   #3

Not to sound stupid, but what is a 6t?
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:49 PM   #4

A Nikon close-up (macro) lens.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:00 PM   #5

tcook wrote:
Quote:
A Nikon close-up (macro) lens.
Just to add a little more info, the 6T allows you to take a very close macro at full zoom which mans that you don't have to be 1 1/2" from the subject to get the shot. I find that a good working range with the 6T is about 12"s. It's really a fun lens to use and not expensive. I got mine at B&H Photo for $46.00. Hope this helps.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:06 PM   #6

Hiroshi,

Thank you for the info on the 6t. I would really rather be father away from a wasp! I will look around for a good price on it. Any other lenses or filters you think I should get for my FZ20?
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:31 PM   #7

snapsnap wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi,

Thank you for the info on the 6t. I would really rather be father away from a wasp! I will look around for a good price on it. Any other lenses or filters you think I should get for my FZ20?

Lens preferences and quality is very subjective, but if it helps, as I mentioned to WHOLMES a few posts down, after much research and a limited budget, I've settled for an OlympusTCON 14B teleconverter. It's a 1.45X which means it will extend your zoom range from 432mm to 626mm. It's a BIG lens 86mm up front but it has excellent optics for the money, about $150.00 from a dealer and less on Ebay. A teleconverter is a nice addition if you plan to do nature shots of birds etc. I also bought the Olympus WCON 08B wide angle converter that takes the FZ20 from 36mm down to 28mm, It's about $130.00 and yes, as I mentioned I also have the NIKON 6T close up lens. All three lenses are 62mm thread so they all fit on my Phayee adapter without any stepdown rings. Yes you will need an adapter to screw these lenses on. Theere are several to choose from: Phayee, Pemaraal, Raynox and Yoshida.Also aUV filter is a must to protect that great Leica lens.

If you do a search on this forum you will find tons of info. Also try these sites, the info on the FZ10 also applies to the FZ20:

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-10/index.html

http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/dmcfz10/

http://www.nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/telecon/telecon1.htm

The last one is in Japanese, but easy to navigate. Just click on the thumbnails for a full resolution pic with each lens. When you're done click on the purple characters on the bottom of the page, it will take you to a box with 2 sections, top is teleconverters (3 lines). Bottom is wide angle lenses (4 lines).

Hope this helps.

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote