Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:11 PM   #11

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
#2 &3are really good. #5 is outstanding.
Hiroshi,

Thank you for viewing and leaving a comment.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:23 PM   #12

This is your best posting yet. I enjoy this kind of photography as a viewer. I hope that I can do as well in getting this kind of result when I go back home to Hawai'i.

Inspiring indeed. Excellent work on all of them.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:58 PM   #13

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
Really really nice shots. Pity about the whole of the dog not being in the pic with the old ladies as that would have made it perfect! That would have been my fave then.
I like the heads in sand ones too. Very nice all in all and there is a feeling of life in them which is quite rare.
Caviar shop maybe my favourite! It is nice to see real people and not just beautiful and photogenic people...
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for viewing and commenting. I am LoveLife, I do love life and always try to make it show in my people images. Over 58 year period I have developed techniques of walking and shooting. If I see something interesting coming up I zoom and focus on something else in a different direction. This sets the focus close to final position. When I get at the approximate distance, I stop, twist my upper body, press the focus switch, fire one off and continue walking. I can do this in about 3 seconds. Most of my candid style pictures are done at close to full zoom. I like to stay about 50 feet away. I would have loved to get the whole dog but I feel spending additional time would have killed the moment. To me candids are a one second slice of life. A second latter is too late.

HTH

Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:53 PM   #14

Quote:
and there was a confrontation after I shot the picture
Did they chase you down the street like Sean Penn pursuing the paparazzi?
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:02 PM   #15

suze wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful photos and so interesting to view - I like Boyzo's term "slice of life". I look forward to more posts of this type from you Lovelife
Hi Suze, since you like these shots you should like this gallery.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/197390

Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:14 AM   #16

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I love your candids, especially #5. I have tried doing some myself and have been scared that people would think I was intruding in their lives. You have inspired me to keep trying those shots. I really enjoyed your gallery of the people and children.....and you also have some wonderful flowers. I'll visit your travels and others tomorrow as it is late. Thanks for sharing. You do very nice work. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:57 AM   #17

Great pics.

I also know your Smugung FZ10 galleries very well. Congratulations.

Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:20 PM   #18

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
and there was a confrontation after I shot the picture
Did they chase you down the street like Sean Penn pursuing the paparazzi?
They did not have to chase me. I was standing at the boardwalk railing, shooting back toward the restaurant. You can see the railing reflection in the glass behind the table. Someone yelled stop him KiKi and a big fat hand landed on my shoulder. KiKi was standing at the railing all along.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:48 PM   #19

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I love your candids, especially #5. I have tried doing some myself and have been scared that people would think I was intruding in their lives. You have inspired me to keep trying those shots. I really enjoyed your gallery of the people and children.....and you also have some wonderful flowers. I'll visit your travels and others tomorrow as it is late. Thanks for sharing. You do very nice work. bentleysmom
Thank you for viewing and commenting. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment; I reached out and touched someone. For a brief moment, they see and feel what I wanted to communicate. I stay as far from my subject as possible and let my zoom do the talking. Even with semi candids, the distance seems to relax the subject by not intruding in their space. However, most of my candids are recorded without the subject's knowledge. I do not need their permission because I am not selling or using the picture for personal gain. Only emotional.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:32 PM   #20

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Great pics.

I also know your Smugung FZ10 galleries very well. Congratulations.

Narmer
Thank you Narmer.