Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:18 PM   #1

Many Russians who migrated to the United States settled in Brighton Beach NY. They love this location because it reminds them of the beaches on the Black Sea. Over the last 25 years they have single handedly transformed a depressed ocean front community into a thriving desirable residential area. A two-bedroom apartment condominium with an ocean view is $750,000+.

If you enjoyed this and would like to view more Brighton pictures: http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/154127

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:19 PM   #2

Great shots wonderfull slice of life and story
I like them all.............
Very good use of color and subject material ;-)
well done

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:20 PM   #3

Enjoyed your photos. Favorites 1-3-6-34. And of course 32-40-42 although, I think photographing from a different angle would have helped number 40.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:55 PM   #4

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Great shots wonderfull slice of life and story
I like them all.............
Very good use of color and subject material ;-)
well done

John
Thank you John.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:57 PM   #5

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Enjoyed your photos. Favorites 1-3-6-34. And of course 32-40-42 although, I think photographing from a different angle would have helped number 40.
Thank you tcook.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 12:17 AM   #6

Cool shots, I like them. I think the guys at the table are camera-shy, maybe someone might recognize them and send them back to Siberia? And if you had shot in burst mode, the gal in the swimsuit (not bad for her age, but never call me picky) might have dropped the other strap on her suit...:?
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 12:28 AM   #7

#2 &3are really good. #5 and 7are outstanding.

#6 would have been better if you hadn't cut off part of the face of the dog whose expression mirrored the ladies. I felt is an integral part of the picture.

JM2C

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:55 AM   #8

Really really nice shots. Pity about the whole of the dog not being in the pic with the old ladies as that would have made it perfect! That would have been my fave then.
I like the heads in sand ones too. Very nice all in all and there is a feeling of life in them which is quite rare.
Caviar shop maybe my favourite! It is nice to see real people and not just beautiful and photogenic people...
Thanks for sharing!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:52 AM   #9

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Cool shots, I like them. I think the guys at the table are camera-shy, maybe someone might recognize them and send them back to Siberia? And if you had shot in burst mode, the gal in the swimsuit (not bad for her age, but never call me picky) might have dropped the other strap on her suit...:?

Most of my people shots are candidsmade at close to full zoom within 3-4 second timeframe. The subjects have no knowledge. These people were eating and looking around at the same time and there was a confrontation after I shot the picture. They wanted to make sure that no faces were viewable. You can call them Russian Good Boys, I have lived long enough to know who I was dealing with.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 2:38 PM   #10

Wonderful photos and so interesting to view - I like Boyzo's term "slice of life". I look forward to more posts of this type from you Lovelife
suze is offline   Reply With Quote