Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:48 PM   #1
dlw

I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong place, but I am going to sell my FZ20. The learning curve is just too high for me, I admit I need a point and shoot and apparently this isn't it. I have an adaptor and 55MM UV filter on it, also an extra battery. It works fine, looks fine, just too much fiddling in PS, etc to clean up my act. I miss my old Kodak point and shoot camera. Anyone interested can contact me thru private message. I haven't decided on a selling price yet, so any offers would be considered. Thank you!
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:54 PM   #2

This is not the place try "P" mode or eBay
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:47 AM   #3
dlw

Thank you for your comments, if a moderator wants to delete my post, they may do so. Please note again that I apologized in advance if I improperly posted. I have certainly tryed the "P mode" on the camera and am not totally displeased with my results, I simply feel that I made an incorrect choice of camera for my personal use.
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:17 AM   #4

I bought my wife the LZ2 for the same reason - she just needed a point and shoot camera. It has a "Simple" mode she likes to use. It also does have many menu options available that the FZ20 also has. At 5 megapixel & 6x optical it is quite a nice little pocket camera.

Ebay is still the best place to sell - you have a much larger audience of people shopping, people that (dare I say it) don't even know about this forum. YOu should be able to get a good return of money there.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 3:51 PM   #5

To each, his own, but if you think a point and shoot will require less "fiddling" in PS, you might find yourself in the market for another FZ20 down the road! ALL digicams require some kind of postprocessing. I can assure you that the FZ20 with its Leica lens and powerful flash takes better pictures in P mode than any point and shoot.

Most photographers have more than one camera. And even the most technical of us rarely all of a camera's features. Why not keep the FZ20 and get something else to supplement it?

Just a thought.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 3:56 PM   #6

If i were you.... and of course if you can afford to, i'd keep your FZ20. That is... if you intend to build on your experience with photography. And as birdman said, perhaps a cheaper point and shoot to supplement it. Im planning on buying a compact point and shooter for when i can't take my fz20, due to its size, or higher risk of getting broken, etc etc. But of course, up to you what you do in the end. Just a suggestion.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:01 PM   #7

Canon A95:arrow:
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:30 AM   #8

spidamonkey wrote:
Quote:
If i were you.... and of course if you can afford to, i'd keep your FZ20. That is... if you intend to build on your experience with photography. And as birdman said, perhaps a cheaper point and shoot to supplement it. Im planning on buying a compact point and shooter for when i can't take my fz20, due to its size, or higher risk of getting broken, etc etc. But of course, up to you what you do in the end. Just a suggestion.
That's exactly what I've been doing. While I'm trying to learn to get better at taking photographs, I am also carrying around a smaller casio exslim camera to have on me at all times. That way I can still work on my skills with the FZ20, but I can still have an "easier" camera for every day use. PS- I just sold a different FZ20 on eBay and got close to what I paid for it (I had two for a while). I would say that's by far your best bet if you are intent on selling it, but keep it if you can. It's a great camera!

ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:53 AM   #9

check ebay for a Panasonic DMC-LC43. same controls, basically, so you wouldn't have to relearn a thing. 4MP, 3x optical zoom (+3x difital, if you wanna use it), pocket size, Leica lens, and VERY nice image quality for a pocket point-n-shoot, and it uses only 2 AA batteries. there's a Panasonic remanufactured one on ebay with a "buy-it-now" price of $199.95, including a 64MB memory card. considering they sold for around $350 when they first came out, that ain't bad. i've had one for a couple of years now, and although i don't use mine much since i got my FZ20, they make a terrific little cam to take wherever, and a great backup or 'second camera'.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:37 PM   #10

hey! go for Sony P200, with eyes closed.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote