Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:11 AM   #1

Hello everybody

i look for a good digital camera ... i like Panasonic FZ5 (or FZ20) and Canon S2 IS ... and would like an Olympus camera ...

i wanna know opinion about this cameras... which is better ? panasonic or Canon ? or other model of digital camera with the same specification .. and up to 499$

i wait opinion from all that have one camera like this.

thank you very much ..
sorel_789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:39 AM   #2

Go to a store that will let you try them out and see for yourself. I do not know of anyone that has all these cameras that can tell you which one they like better than the other.

Look at the reviews and go from there. Asking in a particualr forum about other brand cameras like you have will only give you a biased opinion. Did you really expect Panasonic camera owners to tell you to go with something else?

I see that you asked the same question in the other forums and so far this is the only answer you have recieved.

Do your homework and know what you want before you buy.

This question is akin to asking if Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Pontiac is a better than the other and which one should I buy.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:14 PM   #3

What kind of Olympus camera interests you? Are you looking for a wide lens with 10-12x optical zoom or something less than that? I am planning to sell my Olympus C-7000 Z. I've only had it for three weeks and have taken about ten shots with it and that's it. I have decided I need more of a point and shoot camera without so many manual controls. The Olympus C-7000 has 5x optical zoom and 7 mps resolution. I also purchased an Olympus MAUS-B 300 USB xD card reader, a nice Olympus case, and an extra Olympus Li-12B battery. Then, of course, there are all the items that came with the camera: charger, USB cable, software, and other stuff. I will probably put this camera up for auction on eBay with a "Buy It Now" option and include a bundled kit with the above-mentioned items. If this interests you, please let me know. Thanks.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:14 PM   #4

What kind of Olympus camera interests you? Are you looking for a wide lens with 10-12x optical zoom or something less than that? I am planning to sell my Olympus C-7000 Z. I've only had it for three weeks and have taken about ten shots with it and that's it. I have decided I need more of a point and shoot camera without so many manual controls. The Olympus C-7000 has 5x optical zoom and 7 mps resolution. I also purchased an Olympus MAUS-B 300 USB xD card reader, a nice Olympus case, and an extra Olympus Li-12B battery. Then, of course, there are all the items that came with the camera: charger, USB cable, software, and other stuff. I will probably put this camera up for auction on eBay with a "Buy It Now" option and include a bundled kit with the above-mentioned items. If this interests you, please let me know. Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:14 PM   #5

Old Jun 16, 2005, 8:43 PM   #6

I got my FZ5 last month just in time for our vacation. I learned how to use it on the trip and boy is it a fantastic camera. Lightweight and small yet so fast to focus, take the picture and return to ready. HUndreds of shots with only a handful that were useless for various reasons. The charger does indeed recharge the battery very quickly but i never ran a battery dead anyway since i carry a spare. All in all I was 100% satisfied with this camera.
xjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote