Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:12 PM   #1

I've been looking to try and find out if there's a wireless shutter release that's compatable with the FZ-20. I'm aware of the different outlets and prices on the wired shutter release, but the project I have in mind requires me not to be attached to the camera so I can work with some horses to get the shots I want.

I've heard of someone building a wireless shutter release, but i'm technically imcompetent and not willing to plug anything I build into my camera.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:54 PM   #2

No, there are none. I miss that feature too, and a few others to boot. :cart:
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 4:32 PM   #3
DGC

Hi

I spend alot of time taking various horse pictures as my daughter rides competitively in a senior equestrian circuit in Canada.

I have never felt the need for a remote control - wireless or otherwise - and am curious as to the type of pictures you are trying to take. I'm always looking for new approaches to the subject.

DGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:18 AM   #4

The idea I was going for with the wireless remote is that it would give me the freedom to both work my horse and dictate the moment of the shot, wether it's in the roundpen or when we do more 'liberty' work out in the field. My primary motivation for looking for a remote control was that I wouldn't have to juggle the camera and be able to keep it at a slightly more remote position, where there's less chance of my horse going "What's this?" and knocking it over.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:48 AM   #5

I was forced to build a wireless shutter remote for my FZ20 as I was not able to find any for sale. I point my camera at,say a birds nest, set the camera on manual focus and step away so the birds are not distracted. Works to 200 feet.
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:51 AM   #6

If you have a multimeter and a soldering iron you can do it: IE Make a wireless remote!!

Requiem wrote:
Quote:
I've been looking to try and find out if there's a wireless shutter release that's compatable with the FZ-20. I'm aware of the different outlets and prices on the wired shutter release, but the project I have in mind requires me not to be attached to the camera so I can work with some horses to get the shots I want.

I've heard of someone building a wireless shutter release, but i'm technically imcompetent and not willing to plug anything I build into my camera.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:16 AM   #7

stnkline, could you post some more info on the wireless release. I am sure there are a few people including myself who are interested.
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:18 AM   #8

rebelpcb wrote:
Quote:
stnkline, could you post some more info on the wireless release. I am sure there are a few people including myself who are interested.
Look at this post:

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...ss+remote+fz20

On this site search for "wireless"

There are wiring diagrams and parts lists. Need more help post again.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:19 PM   #9

I looked at the post and think I can handle it if I can find the same transmitter reciever. I will start looking on e-bay and see what I find. Thank you for the info.
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:31 PM   #10

rebelpcb wrote:
Quote:
I looked at the post and think I can handle it if I can find the same transmitter reciever. I will start looking on e-bay and see what I find. Thank you for the info.

I bought the remote on EBAY from Coldvision: 4CH RF RC Radio Wireless Remote.

Buy the one WITH relays. Was $18.50 but if you are not in a hurry bid on the item.

When you start to build post and I WILL walk you thru the construction and the testing which is important!!!!