Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 16, 2005, 1:27 PM   #11

Seems to me everyone is seeing something slightly different. I can't use white or black letters.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 1:36 PM   #12

i have no idea what im seeing :?
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 1:37 PM   #13

Hey Guys,

Here is a tip to all...Incase some of them dont know...You can change the background as per your wish.

Please go to "my account" and go to "preferences" tab. Change the "board theme" to your liking. It has 3 themes...the "shades" one is the black and red .You can have dark background or light background...whatever suits you best...personally I like light background..coz reading becomes much more soothing..
See the screen shot...

Sorry if it is too obvious to all...I just thought it might help people who dont know this.

Arun
Attached Images

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 3:01 PM   #14

So strange it is all black again....maybe Steve reads these boards and so many complained? It was deinately pale blue this afternoon (UK time)

Thanks for the tip on preferences though! Will check that one out.

( I must be losing my mind as i now don't seem to have the oprtion of white font?)

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 3:05 PM   #15

Just had a look and that pale blue is not even in the account preferences....how odd.

The white is actually quite nice :-)
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 5:14 PM   #16

Thanks, dumb me didn't know that.

arunpd wrote:
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Here is a tip to all...Incase some of them dont know...You can change the background as per your wish.

Please go to "my account" and go to "preferences" tab. Change the "board theme" to your liking. It has 3 themes...the "shades" one is the black and red .You can have dark background or light background...whatever suits you best...personally I like light background..coz reading becomes much more soothing..
See the screen shot...

Sorry if it is too obvious to all...I just thought it might help people who dont know this.

Arun
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:32 AM   #17

arunpd wrote:
Quote:

OK. I've verified that my theme is "shades". (I can't imagine how anyone could prefer the others!). Now, how do I go back to posting in white text like before? There's nothing about it under "Help", nothing in the Preferences section and there doesn't appear to be a forum section where you discuss the forum itself. Quite perplexing!
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:13 AM   #18

There is some sort of software glitch on the server (my guess anyways) that is not letting "white" show up as a font color in Shades appearance mode. Since white was the default color, now it is going to black font and you have to reset it to something else in preferences. Hopefully, Steve is aware of it and his webmaster will get it fixed.
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:27 AM   #19

trooplewis wrote:
Pick #2 from the drop down menu and use black text against the white b/ground, this is with the default setting
Quote:
There is some sort of software glitch on the server (my guess anyways) that is not letting "white" show up as a font color in Shades appearance mode. Since white was the default color, now it is going to black font and you have to reset it to something else in preferences. Hopefully, Steve is aware of it and his webmaster will get it fixed.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:34 AM   #20

Boyzo; if I pick #2 it defaults to black and I can't see a thing! No white is availabl.
But I CAN see it when it posts!
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote