Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:42 PM   #1

Well thought about getting a FZ5 for awhile and the other day finally did. I had a Canon G3 for a couple years and was quite hesitant about getting rid of it, as it really does take some great shots, but I wanted more features, such as the long telephoto and more megs, amoungst other features. It has been a learning experiance, since there really is a big difference in the two cameras, especially in the metering area. Anyways I am fianlly starting to feel much more comfortable with the FZ5 and find myself using it with much more confidence now. Anyways I have included a couple pictures to show to all of you. I hope that you like them.
Attached Images

cdmo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:11 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice shot. Looks like you know what your doing.The fz series does anice job withclose-ups/macros. In case you don't already have one, a dual element macro converter such as the +3 diopter nikon 4t is highly recommended. The 4t has 52mm threads so you would need a 55-52 step down ring to attach it to the fz5 adapter. Total cost at B&H photo is ~$50. Looking forward to seeing more of your fz5 shots.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:15 PM   #3

74Overall how do you compare the photos of the two cameras so far?
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:47 PM   #4

Thanks for the nice comments Tazzie! The main differences in my opion is that the FZ5 is definately shoots sharper pictures, and is alot faster in every category. What I really do like much more on the G3 is that the controls are much quicker to operate, with less buttons to press. In other words more user friendly. I do have a web site that has alot of my pictures taken with the G3. It's address is cmoline.com. Thanks again. Take care.........Craig
cdmo74 is offline   Reply With Quote