Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 19, 2005, 5:22 AM   #11

Oops! Typo....its F2.8.

I use the AF to focus at the distant light. Once its focus, I switch to MF, and just keep on triggering the shutter on the tripod......

Stoney79 wrote:
Quote:
Great shots!

tchuanye wrote:
Quote:
F2.4
I didn't know the FZ10 has F2.4. :-)

How did you focus?
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:01 AM   #12

Those are amazing shots.......you must be very brave to take them as we here in Florida have many people killed by lightening every year........and I don't think that I'd like to be outside during a lightening sorm. That's what makes these shots even more amazing! Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:08 AM   #13

Oh don't worry, these were taken in my house through the window.....its on the 21st floor, and I have a clear view outside....so I was completely safe....thanks for your concerns....

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Those are amazing shots.......you must be very brave to take them as we here in Florida have many people killed by lightening every year........and I don't think that I'd like to be outside during a lightening sorm. That's what makes these shots even more amazing! Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:41 AM   #14

Great stuff tchuanye , you've inspired me to try it on the next storm :|
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:30 AM   #15

Dude, just some fabulous looking shots. Very good indeed tchuanye.

Harj

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:55 AM   #16

The thunderstorm pics you posted few months ago were a bit more spectacular IMO, but the clouds and the brown color make these ones great shots too.

A few weeks ago I was awoken by a thunderstorm but it was ceasing when I set my FZ20 on tripod and I was so unlucky that the main 3 thunders which broke in the FOV of the FZ20 took place just whne the 8 sec expositions had ceased and the cam was making the dark-shots noise subtraction or it was in the 2 sec timer lapse...
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:57 AM   #17

PS

now I see that there were some clouds in your first shots too: great ones.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:28 AM   #18

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
The thunderstorm pics you posted few months ago were a bit more spectacular IMO, but the clouds and the brown color make these ones great shots too.

A few weeks ago I was awoken by a thunderstorm but it was ceasing when I set my FZ20 on tripod and I was so unlucky that the main 3 thunders which broke in the FOV of the FZ20 took place just whne the 8 sec expositions had ceased and the cam was making the dark-shots noise subtraction or it was in the 2 sec timer lapse...
Heh heh, know what you mean.....I missed several 'great ones' during those waiting time too:lol:...sigh....if only we had bulb mode......