Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 18, 2005, 4:17 PM   #1

Hi, Yesterday I went for a swim and saw this cute little girl eating animal crackers after a swim. I couldn't resist taking pictures.( I take my camera with me most places..lol)I have been working with my camera mostly set in the apature mode.First picture was set at 2.8, but I zoomed and it became 3.3 understandably.Let me know what you allthink. bentleysmom
Attached Images

bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2005, 4:22 PM   #2

Here is the second one....I set this apeture at 2.8 also and zoomed again 3.3 with iso 100. She was really a happy child.
Attached Images

Old Jun 18, 2005, 4:31 PM   #3

Here is the last one....She got ahold of her mother's glasses.She was totally unaware that I was taking pictures. What fun I had!!!! bentleysmom
Attached Images

Old Jun 18, 2005, 9:23 PM   #4

A large talent has made itself apparent in the pictures you have posted so far and that is that you have an extraordinary ability to take wonderful pictures of children:!:All are standouts.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:05 PM   #5

Beautiful and more beautiful to have it as wonderful keepsakes. What a treasure you have there and I am glad you shared this.

Simply Beautiful,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 3:53 PM   #6

They are all great! You obviously are a natural and have a keen eye!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:20 AM   #7

Beautiful child and even more beautiful shots. My only question is - why did you have to crop so close?
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:08 AM   #8

Thanks for the encouragement. I do enjoy photgraphing children.....I had four children of my own and took so many bad pictures as they were growing up...lol....Raghu, I really like tight cropping on a childs face as the entire story is told in the childs expression. I think that these type of pictures can reveal a child's heart and soul. This little girl was really enjoying herself eating animal crackers, laughing with her mama and mama's friend, and watching the children around her. I've enclosed another picture to show you another story......You can see her wheels turning as she watches the children....If I hadn't cropped in that close I may have missed it. I know I'm just a newbie, but that's how I saw it.Thanks for all thecomments, I appreciate honesty...you all are really helping me on this journey. bentleysmom
Attached Images

Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:45 PM   #9

Great photos. Very expressive. I like the tight crop on these. Focus and exposure are excellent. I'll bet the mother would love to have copies.

I really enjoyed the father and son picture you posted too. I've been having trouble posting so couldn't reply earlier. Nice work!
pggunn is offline   Reply With Quote