Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:33 AM   #11

It is still (hopefully) the Panasonic forum, but I can't resist a comment:

Nick, I fully sympathise about the nature of corporate hierarchies. Anything useful you do in a big organisation is in spite of the management, not because of their masterful direction. You have to take it calmly, or bail out. Still, working 80 hours a week is a different type of torture. I don't think that's a solution either.

On the Saddam thing: there were never any weapons of mass distruction. The whole war was based on lies and we are still being fed lies. Saddam was the friend of the USA while he was attacking Iran (and gassing Kurds). If we knew why he dropped out of favour, we would know the true reasons for the war. It's probably just oil, as usual.

Hmm. Sorry for the ranting. I'll not speak of this again.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:37 AM   #12

tjmaj1 wrote:
Quote:
Where were you all when Sadam waskilling the Kurdish people with chemicals?

Besides, I thought this was the panasonic forum.
Iwas sympathetic to the Kurds plight from the start and was rooting for Norman Schwarzkopf who had Sadam in his gun site and ready to blowhis behind off, but George Senior put a stop to it.! But thereare larger issues here.......................

You are right, this is a photography forum not a political sounding board!

I apologize!

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:54 AM   #13

Don't apologize, Hiroshi. There are nearly 44,000 posts on this forum. 99.99% deal with photography. It's natural to drift off topic very occasionally, and the moderators are free to delete if they choose. Disagree with an opinion expressed? Find it OT? You're free not to read it... Why comment on it at all?

You've contributed greatly. Way more than someone with 12 posts contributed. You don't owe them an apology, they owe you a measure of respect or gratitude, and certainly not admonishment for an OT post/opinion that they happen to not agree with... especially since such posts are very minimal.
(Though I did dig those Bessa BWs... :G)

You all seem to know your stuff. If you wish to discuss OT stuff of this nature, shoot me a PM.

Regards,

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:28 AM   #14

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Don't apologize, Hiroshi. There are nearly 44,000 posts on this forum. 99.99% deal with photography. It's natural to drift off topic very occasionally, and the moderators are free to delete if they choose. Disagree with an opinion expressed? Find it OT? You're free not to read it... Why comment on it at all?

You've contributed greatly. Way more than someone with 12 posts contributed. You don't owe them an apology, they owe you a measure of respect or gratitude, and certainly not admonishment for an OT post/opinion that they happen to not agree with... especially since such posts are very minimal.
(Though I did dig those Bessa BWs... :G)

You all seem to know your stuff. If you wish to discuss OT stuff of this nature, shoot me a PM.

Regards,

Nick
Thanks Nick for your kind words and support. they mean very much to me.

On the subject of politics, It's not my intent to inflame anyone. Perhaps my passion and love for this country, The Declaration of Independence,the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, our way of life and everything that makes us what we are...the last stronghold of freedom in the world, has impassioned me to speak out...but as you've stated in your post...a political forum is certainly the best outlet forthose ideas.

Thanks again,

Hiroshi
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:53 AM   #15

I love a good political rant every now and again, it helps keep the mind on track. It is good to see that there are still some people in the world that actually care about its fate and who are not willing to just let things be. All I have to say is that you have a view and you want people to know it then let people know it, it is through discussions that people learn and understand others.

Cheers

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:55 PM   #16

My final two cents on the subject (in bold)

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
<snip>
You've contributed greatly. Way more than someone with 12 posts contributed."

Didn't know we were 'counting', though I don't disagree with your statement of contributions. To me it's not a matter of contributions, but a matter of 'respecting' the purpose of this particular forum. As I stated earlier, I've seen GREAT contributors in other forums leave due to such 'rants'. Hopefully this thread is done.

<snip> "You all seem to know your stuff. If you wish to discuss OT stuff of this nature, shoot me a PM."

Exactly what many (on both sides of the issue) should do, IMHO. Or take it to a political forum/e-group. There are PLENTY of them! BTW, it IS just that; my opinion. I'm no moderator (I wouldn't wish that on anyone... well maybe a few people) but I can tell you what a lack of discipline, of introducing 'heated' religious/political topics can do to a good group. It's not like we haven't heard all the arguments (for or against) before is it? Does anyone here truly believe they'll change someone's opinions?? Why get everyone's BP up over OT stuff !

cjhCharlie

Regards,

Nick
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 8:26 PM   #17

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
cool work Hiroshi Sake or no Sake :G
btw Beards are out I had one for years Since UNI but few years back shaved it off, now don't be getting any Ideas lol
Why did you have to say that!!! You know that once you put an idea in my mind.....................here's the results.....................

I see you more with an Errol Flynn type goatee:G:G:G
Attached Images

Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:02 PM   #18

Now that is one very good lookin dude, where are the 2 sixpiece guns and a hat and then it will be real good..........in fact it would be brilliant.
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:22 PM   #19

:lol::lol:
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:40 AM   #20

Hiroshi wrote:

LOL thats cool Horoshi, well I did tempt you I have decided to stay hairless ( on the face I mean )

Errol Flynn look LOL if I were anything like him I would have been in Holywood 20years ago or more

btw not many in here with a true to life Avatar only three others in this forum were
"Msantos" and "Rezzajune" << where are they <<??? and of course "Nicktrop"

Quote:
boyzo wrote:
Quote:
cool work Hiroshi Sake or no Sake :G
btw Beards are out I had one for years Since UNI but few years back shaved it off, now don't be getting any Ideas lol
Why did you have to say that!!! You know that once you put an idea in my mind.....................here's the results.....................

I see you more with an Errol Flynn type goatee:G:G:G
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote