Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 19, 2005, 2:45 AM   #1

I've alwaysloved Nick Trop's Avatar and admired it as a stellar creative photographic achievement. I haven't seen Nicks posts for a while so......I thought this might coax him out of hiding:G.

It's late at night and maybe I've had a little too much sake, so I yielded to temptation.

Before I go to bed, I decided to play with his avatar just a little, so here it goes...Nick Trop getting younger by the minute....hey don't criticize too much, it's heck trying to work with a picture thats the size of a postage stamp:lol:.

Be kind, I'm old and feeble and just having some fun!

Hiroshi
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2005, 5:16 AM   #2

Hey Hiroshi, thought you may have stuck a moustache and a beard on the old fella, I'm sure this will bring him outta hiding.....well done
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 8:45 AM   #3

Maybe he can morph YOUR facial hair :G Maybe you're a little jealous of how young he's lookin', hmmm?? :lol: I was thinking maybe Hiroshi could give us a clue as to what you look like without yours (I really was!)

Hazzarbone wrote:
Quote:
Hey Hiroshi, thought you may have stuck a moustache and a beard on the old fella, I'm sure this will bring him outta hiding.....well done
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 8:48 AM   #4

cool work Hiroshi Sake or no Sake :G
btw Beards are out I had one for years Since UNI but few years back shaved it off, now don't be getting any Ideas lol

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:36 AM   #5

He looks about 25 anyway , are trying to make him look 10 :|
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 10:55 AM   #6

Very funny and thanks for the compliments, all. OBTW - I love sake, have a ceramic sake set, and a bottle or two on-hand all the time. Nice work on the Avatar, Hiroshi, but if it were so easy to look younger. Pappy-- 25??? :G I'm 40+.

Actually, I've been lurking but not posting as much. Two reasons... first I work from 8 to 11, most days. I exist as an adjunct and teach at a couple schools teaching business courses (project management, technical writing, business ethics); and graphic arts/multimedia courses (Macromedia Flash, Director, Adobe Illustrator, digital photography, videography, and Adobe Premier) and picked up some more classes, soooo... I "gave up" on corporate america, screw the unethical, short-sighted, greedy, truly talentless idiots that run most corps in this country. I would rather work 80 hours a week and eek out a living solo doing something positive than ever set foot inside some miserable corporation and have to "deal with" or "work around" cowardly, talentless "politicians"... er, rant, but I'm working a ton of hours these days... a teacher's pay, especially untenured at a college level, doesn't quite match the hazard pay of dealing with corp. executive a-holes, so I have to work a lot more hours.

Secondly, after 2000+ posts to this board, I've kinda exhausted the topic, ya know???

A third reason is I've taken to posting to a certain political board... it's a place to vent my outrage regarding the lack of media attention and appropritate political action after the Downing Street Minutes, and those seven other memos from British Intelligence, which stated outright (among other things) that "...(US) intelligence is being fixed around policy" to illegally invade the soveriegn nation of Iraq. Saddening, sickening, disgusting, that tens of thousands of military and civilian lives are being lost - or otherwise destroyed, via catastrophic injuries, due to the now proven lies of this adminstration, and the long-standing agenda for regime change in Iraq of the neoconservatives, now in power in the US, that existed long before the 911 tragedy.

Thanks for "noticing" my absence. I'm very, very flattered! Great group here, wish the topic was broader than just a panasonic digicams...

To all the fathers, have a happy father's day!

Nick T
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:36 AM   #7

well said nick ....i agree with you on that issue 100%....it's a strange kind of peace we've bought to that country..
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 1:00 PM   #8

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Very funny and thanks for the compliments, all. OBTW - I love sake, have a ceramic sake set, and a bottle or two on-hand all the time. Nice work on the Avatar, Hiroshi, but if it were so easy to look younger. Pappy-- 25??? :G I'm 40+.

Actually, I've been lurking but not posting as much. Two reasons... first I work from 8 to 11, most days. I exist as an adjunct and teach at a couple schools teaching business courses (project management, technical writing, business ethics); and graphic arts/multimedia courses (Macromedia Flash, Director, Adobe Illustrator, digital photography, videography, and Adobe Premier) and picked up some more classes, soooo... I "gave up" on corporate america, screw the unethical, short-sighted, greedy, truly talentless idiots that run most corps in this country. I would rather work 80 hours a week and eek out a living solo doing something positive than ever set foot inside some miserable corporation and have to "deal with" or "work around" cowardly, talentless "politicians"... er, rant, but I'm working a ton of hours these days... a teacher's pay, especially untenured at a college level, doesn't quite match the hazard pay of dealing with corp. executive a-holes, so I have to work a lot more hours.

Secondly, after 2000+ posts to this board, I've kinda exhausted the topic, ya know???

A third reason is I've taken to posting to a certain political board... it's a place to vent my outrage regarding the lack of media attention and appropritate political action after the Downing Street Minutes, and those seven other memos from British Intelligence, which stated outright (among other things) that "...(US) intelligence is being fixed around policy" to illegally invade the soveriegn nation of Iraq. Saddening, sickening, disgusting, that tens of thousands of military and civilian lives are being lost - or otherwise destroyed, via catastrophic injuries, due to the now proven lies of this adminstration, and the long-standing agenda for regime change in Iraq of the neoconservatives, now in power in the US, that existed long before the 911 tragedy.

Thanks for "noticing" my absence. I'm very, very flattered! Great group here, wish the topic was broader than just a panasonic digicams...

To all the fathers, have a happy father's day!

Nick T
WOW NICK! That's one heck of a full plate, schedule wise that is.

Regarding world affairs, you have voiced the same concerns I've had for quite a while. What made George Orwell so smart? Are we living through the beginning of what was predicted in the book "1984"? Is there a correlation between Osama Binladen and the character of Emanuel Goldstein? Is the world being divided into 3 or 4 large conglomerates of nations (corporate entities)for easier control by the "New World Order"? Is the "European Union" just the beginning? Is NAFTA/CAFTA the beginning of the homogenization of the North and South American continents? These are valid questions to ponder.

The U.S. is no longer a great industrial power. Our industry has been exported to China and factories are closing all over the country, leaving millions unemployed, forcing themto accept other less paying jobs in order to put food on the table. We are becoming a nation of paper shufflers.The U.S.'sgreat manufacturing might has been dismantled. A case in point; The giant cranes that are being used to construct the new section of the San Francisco Bay Bridge were brought in from China. Our military bases are systematically being closed all over the country. If needed will we be able to rally and do what was necessary to defeat Hitlerin WW2. Our farming is being replaced and orchards are plowed under. Much of our produce is coming from outside the U.S. Our borders arelike a sieveand illegals are coming through by the droves every day and nothing is done. We hear only lip-service from the present administration. I have to question if this is purposely done to drive down the wages of the American worker and to make it easier to introduce ONE CURRENCY for the American continents.

I could go on and on. There is certainly lots to talk about. It's the insane mentality of people like the A-holes that you referred to in your statement that will eventually bury all of us. I'm of the belief that 5% of the world's population makes life intolerable for the other 95% Unless the rational people of this world join hands to stop them...they will be our masters and we will be their slaves!

Sorry for the rant, but this is a subject that I'm passionate about.

Nick, I understand your point about the 2000 postings, but don't you agree that sometimes it's a good diversion to the more pressing issues at hand?

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:23 PM   #9

Where were you all when Sadam waskilling the Kurdish people with chemicals?

Besides, I thought this was the panasonic forum.
tjmaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:17 AM   #10

Apparently this is not strictly a camera/photo forum. Hiroshi says he could go on and on. I'm sure he could, as could others (on BOTH 'sides'). Lack of constraint has killed many a good forum, or at least caused some member 'casualties' (Epson printer egroup lost some VERY talented and knowledgible people that way). It is EASY to 'innocently' introduce religion and/or politics into ANY discussion. Hope some constraint kicks in here soon.

tjmaj1 wrote:
Quote:
Where were you all when Sadam waskilling the Kurdish people with chemicals?

Besides, I thought this was the panasonic forum.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote