Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 24, 2005, 7:08 PM   #21

I got the Minolta No.0 No.1 and No.2 usedfor about $10 from ebay and they come with a 55mm thread. No step-up rings required.

Cheers

Thomas
thomaspf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:28 PM   #22

Since the Nikon 3T and 4T are substantially cheaper than the 5T and 6T, why do most of you opt for the 5/6 combo?

Do the smaller 3/4s have issues at the edges, are you hedging your bets in case a larger camera/lens comes along for you, or am I missing something?
nancye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:41 PM   #23

nancye wrote:
Quote:
Since the Nikon 3T and 4T are substantially cheaper than the 5T and 6T, why do most of you opt for the 5/6 combo?

Do the smaller 3/4s have issues at the edges, are you hedging your bets in case a larger camera/lens comes along for you, or am I missing something?
It depends on the camera and the adapter you have. Many fz10/15/20 owners have opted for the phayee adapter which takes 62mm addons. If that is what you have, then 62mm 5t or 6t is more reasonable since you will not need a step ring. The added cost of a step ring would make up the difference in price were you to get a 52mm 3t or 4t. If you dont have an adapter yet, consider the 52mm raynox rt5264p which is designed for the fz10/15/20. $16 at bugeyedigital.com. Using that adapter with the 52mm 3t/4t will produce excellent results throughout the zoom.

FZ1/2/3/4/5 cameras come with stock 55mm adapters and you will need a step ring in either case (55-62 or 55-52). So the 3t/4t would be more economical there.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote