Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:01 AM   #1

I bought the Olympus TC on Ebay from the Olympus official store, came with full Olympus warranty. Fast shipping, easy transaction. It has 52mm threads, so it requires a 55-52mm step-down ring on the FZ5. Also, it only functions from 6x and up or you will get severe vinetteing with it.

The lense is fairly lightweight, and since sanding off the front edge of my lens adapter, it feels very secure on the camera. The lens also comes with its own built-in sunshade (see last picture of it on the camera).

These shots were taken handheld to get an idea of the real magnification (amount of decrease) in the field of view. First chance I get I will post some off a tripod. I used the wheel hub as the center of focus, images are resized only, no cropping...

First is at 12x zoom with the stock camera
Attached Images

trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:01 AM   #2

With the 1.9 TC attached at full 12x zoom
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:02 AM   #3

On the FZ5 with 55-52 step-down ring and the sunshade extended

Here is an Ebay auction number for the same lens: 7524138870

Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:31 AM   #4

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
I bought the Olympus TC on Ebay from the Olympus official store, came with full Olympus warranty. Fast shipping, easy transaction. It has 52mm threads, so it requires a 55-52mm step-down ring on the FZ5. Also, it only functions from 6x and up or you will get severe vinetteing with it.

The lense is fairly lightweight, and since sanding off the front edge of my lens adapter, it feels very secure on the camera. The lens also comes with its own built-in sunshade (see last picture of it on the camera).

These shots were taken handheld to get an idea of the amount of increase in the field of view. First chance I get I will post some off a tripod. I used the wheel hub as the center of focus, images are resized only, no cropping...

First is at 12x zoom with the stock camera
They all look at bit softfor tripod shots did you turn offOIS? I am not able to retrieve the Exif information. The lighting looks on the weak side. I have noticed that any magnification above 1.5X of the FZ's requires a lot of light to keep the detail crisp. I am not that familiar with the FZ5. Does the barrel have more then one position depending on zoom? Are you the one with the Raynox and the adapter chop? How do you handle the multiple positionsituations?

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:36 AM   #5

Lovelife;
I shot these handleld, OIS mode 2, late in the day (probably about 7:30pm) so there were a lot of shadows. It is not the best subject matter, but since it was convenient (my neighbor's yard across the street, maybe 300 feet away) I took it.It was also pretty hazy out. I will get a better comparison off a tripod this week and add it to this thread.

No, you are thinking of fmoore, with the Raynox. This was on a stock FZ5 with the first mm or so sanded down to get a better grip on the threads. There is no adjustment on the barrel.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:39 AM   #6

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Lovelife;
I shot these handleld, late in the day (probably about 7:30) so there were a lot of shadows. It is not the best subject matter, but since it was convenient (my neighbor's yard across the street, maybe 300 feet away) I took it.It was also pretty hazy out. I will get a better comparison off a tripod this week and add it to this thread.
And my other questions?
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:46 AM   #7

Cropping just the wheel-well on each picture, you can get a comparison as well.
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:47 AM   #8

With the C-210. Again, these are hendheld, no USM or PP, only a crop of the original images, taken in poor conditions.
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:57 AM   #9

That was his horse trailer, here is his horse. The yard actually runs down hill, in case you were wondering if I was crooked. Hard to keep a horse still at 100 yards away!
12x, again, no PP, no cropping, just resizing to 800x600
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:59 AM   #10

Focal point was the horses a$$
at 24x>
Attached Images