Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:22 PM   #1

Here isone headshot of my daughter taken in eveninglight. I have been having this problem with a lot of my potraits or headshots... The reddish/pinkish color cast on the skin tones. A little amount may look good...but as seen here...it really breaks the whole photo. I know this has been discussed, However, I have not got any solutions...and looking forward to all pros to give suggestions on how to reduce it.
The only PP I have done is incresing the brightness, making it softer and brighter to reduce the cast...But still it is very visible...See the cheeks (the portion between brighter and darker)
You can see more pics at http://kphotos.blogspot.com

Attached Images

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:11 PM   #2

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 2:23 AM   #3

Thanks Jake for your color correction...However, I tried that earlier...and i thought that the pinkish tinge on thecheek becomes more visible as rest of the photo is on the cooler side...so I went with this one.

The main question is...Why is the cast concentrated on that Contrasting area...This means that if the photo is taken out a certain way the cast may be reduced...:?
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 9:08 AM   #4

I think this is primarily a problem with white balance and indoor lighting. I haven't found a way yet that totally resolves it in camera. Photoshop Elements 3 seems to correct it well with the auto color enhancement.
Attached Images

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:19 PM   #5

I find I have better luck in Photoshop going to Image, the Apply Image, then Screen, and begin with 20% and work up. She is so precious one would hardly notice the colors. This one looks good on my monitor, but I have submitted so little I don't know how it will look on here. Hope okay.
Attached Images

oprakitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:23 PM   #6

I went back into PS and used the USM and it looked really good. Sorry I did not do this first time around.
oprakitas is offline   Reply With Quote