Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:10 PM   #1

Hi All. What accessories have people found invaluable for their FZ20, or other FZ's?

Looking to get more bits slowly but surely, and would like an idea what people have got that has really helped them.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:19 PM   #2

A spare Battery or two and a couple fast SD cards...and Perhaps an aftermarket adapter to use smaller filters and/ or some add on lens.

Phayee is a good adapter and I have been fortunate to have tried Lovelifes adapter which should be about ready for sale. It is a fine product.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:21 AM   #3

in addition to a couple of spare batteries and SD cards, a good lens protector is cheap insurance. i also have the Phayee adapter with a 62mm UV filter for protecting the lens. You might also want to consider a polarizing filter (linear will do, no need for a circular one), and maybe aneye-cup (get one for a Canon AE-1 - it fits snugly over the EVF and keeps glare out while you're composing your picture). as you learn to use the camera, you might also want to consider a close-up lens (really makes a difference for macro shots) anda tripod or monopod for low-light work. also get yourself a good lens hood. the FZ'z zoom lens needs a good hood to avoid washing out images and losing contrast at high zoom on bright days.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:25 AM   #4

grr double post :?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:26 AM   #5

I don't have an eye cup for the camera. Does it make a big difference? I have been using a broad rimed sun hat for outdoors shots, to shield the camera.

I have;

2 Extra Batteries,

2 60x 512 sd cards,

A fast charger,

Raynox adapter,

Raynox 6600 Pro,

Raynox 1540 Pro,

52mm UV Filter,

52mm C Polarizer,

Sunpak 544,

What i really need is a bag to fit it all in :sad:the LowePro Edit 120 fits the camera perfectly but nothing else.

Also a good smaller flash, maybe a slave?

Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:27 AM   #6

Dassie wrote:
Quote:
Hi All. What accessories have people found invaluable for their FZ20, or other FZ's?

Looking to get more bits slowly but surely, and would like an idea what people have got that has really helped them.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

The most important accessory is Steve's Digicam Forum if used in a proper fashion.

Ask before buying.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:37 AM   #7

Lovelife,

Where can I find out about your adapter? I need one... and in true impatient new yorker fashion... I want one now! haha

smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:08 AM   #8

smilez03 wrote:
Quote:
Lovelife,

Where can I find out about your adapter? I need one... and in true impatient new yorker fashion... I want one now! haha

If you're serious I will be right over. I have the CRing adapter and expect the insertion key and CRings by next Friday. It is in route. I am working feverishly to get a special EBay site up and do not think it will be ready in time. So at the beginning I will have a simple listing and have the buyer make price adjustments.
bumbiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:14 PM   #9

bumbiebee wrote:
Quote:
smilez03 wrote:
Quote:
Lovelife,

If you're serious I will be right over. I have the CRing adapter and expect the insertion key and CRings by next Friday. It is in route. I am working feverishly to get a special EBay site up and do not think it will be ready in time. So at the beginning I will have a simple listing and have the buyer make price adjustments.

bumbiebee, are you the same person as Lovelife? :?
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 9:42 PM   #10

Dassie wrote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Allan
Someone asked something similar on the dpreview forum earlier so I'm just going to cut-n-paste my previous answer:

I purchased an FZ-20 in January for $479 (including shipping) at comp-u-plus, who unfortunately no longer carry them.

If I had to rate my "accessories" from necessary to luxury they would be (what I paid for them):
Necessity:

1. fast SD card - I have a 1 GB ATA ($90) and backup 256mb card however I've never come close to filling the 1 GB card which I think will hold over 600 shots when using highest quality JPEG.
2. extra battery ($30)
3. bag (already had this but expect to pay at least $20)
4. PECA lens bright cleaner/wipes ($10)
5. Phayee adapter w/ lens cap ($25)
6. Hoya UV filter ($15)
7. Hama hood ($29)
8. Sunpak 422 external flash ($35 on ebay)
Luxury:
9. Lightsphere II flash diffuser ($40) for me, this is close to a necessity
10. Ultrapod tabletop tripod ($19)
11. Nikon 6T macro lens ($49)
12. Warmcards for manual white balancing ($40)
13. SD card reader ($14)

Grand total which I'm adding up for the first time $894. Yoikes.

I'm not sure where I'd put my Canon PIXMA IP5000 printer ($179). It is absolutely wonderful and I now can't live without it so I guess I'd put it under necessities too.

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote