Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:54 PM   #1

I don't know if it is ok to post here, or if I should be posting on the main page. Any suggestions on SD card. I'm kind of on a budget, but don't want to waste money on something I won't like, and have to buy something better later.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
bridgetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:13 PM   #2

Most any card over 32X or 5 mb/s will be as fast as the camera can use.

I have and am satisfied with these -- Lexar-- Kingsmax -- PQI -- simpletech --Panasonic , and this is the best price I could find and am sure the card will work fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183156
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:11 PM   #3

I just ordered the same camera! It came today....IT IS AWESOME! I love everything about it, the feel, the controls, the menu...of course the pics....etc! Good choice I say.

I purchased my camera from butterfly photo and also got the 512 MB Digital Visions SD card - its high speed, but not mentioned as such in the ad! Its working fine. Its the one that sells for 69.00.

Hope that helps some.

Sean-
Sean S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:13 PM   #4

I have FZ20 and it can perfectly utilize card speeds up to 80x. The faster, the better, especially for one who will use TIFFs.
klenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:26 PM   #5

Sean S- when did you order the camera?I ordered mine from butterfly yesterday. I got a little nervous because I had read good reviews and felt great, then I found a few crummy reviews which made me nervous.

I've read so many reviews- it just seems perfect. I wish there was a store where I lived that carried it in stock.

I looked at the z2, but really wanted the 12 optical and stabilzation. The z20 was out of my price range.

bridget
bridgetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:02 PM   #6

I would relax as many here Have purchased their camera from Butterfly with no problems.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:30 AM   #7

I ordered mine thursday night....hehe! Paid extra to get it overnight. I really needed it bad by today had a few photos for a car contest to take. Anyways, they were super cool about everything with me. The guy - Sam - was not real friendly and didnt talk much, but got things done for me just how I wanted! I had it for 2 day air and they called and said it was shipping and asked me if I wanted a bunch of other stuff, which I said no. Well I called them back and they changed the shipping to overnight and sent me an email and CALLED me to let me know all was good it was shipped and I would have my camera the next day....sure enough, I did! Very cool company in my book.

The camera was packaged well inside with air bags protecting it. When I got the card(memory) I was shocked to see it said "High Speed" on it. Prolly not as high speed as there advertised high speed, but still I thought it was just a regular card. Maybe all the SD cards are high speed, not sure. I have only had Compact Flash and xD memory.

But yeah, you will get your camera. There is always those who don't get things exactly how they wanted and they leave poor feedback as revenge...I wouldn't worry about it.

ALSO - please come back and let me know how you like your camera OK?

Sean-
Sean S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:32 AM   #8

Sandisk is one of thefew companies that states their cards write speeds. Most others just state the cards read speed.

I have had very good results with a Sandisk Ultra II. In my opinion worth the bit extra.

Allan
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:12 PM   #9

Viking (possibly a british brand? not sure if you have those in the states, havent seen them mentioned anywhere) or kingston seem to be very good for their low bidget price range. I've yet to buy the viking card ive been looking at, but from the reviews ive seen, seem to be as good, if not better, than many that are double the price.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote