Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:40 PM   #31

stnkline wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
stnkline wrote:
Quote:
stnkline wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I had a poor choice of words tubular or cylinder is fine. The lens vignettes up to 3x 156mm, without any hood. I am designing my hood to function at 4X 208mm and above. It will have a 70mm over hang. I can see no reason why anyone would want to shoot even at 4x since the native Leica can do a better job. You will have to work out your approach. maybe the picture will help.
Quote:
One more question and I think I will have all my answers. What is the inside diameter of the front end at 70mm [2 3/4"]?
Quote:
Thanks again
Quote:
Stan
Front OD 89mm ID 87mm
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:06 PM   #32

Imaroke; LoveLife:

This is what a forum is all about: That is an exchange of ideas and intelligence. If everyone had the same experience and knowledge no forum would be necessary!

I think it forums like this is what I needed as I bought my FZ20 only a few months ago and have learned more inthisperiod than in all the time I had my previous two digital cameras.

So I take the time to thank all who have taken the time topost and to those who have replied to my posts.

STAN

P.S. My approach to 'hoods' has changed because of the exchange of ideas in this thread. And I will make a new trial hood! Try, TRy, and TRY again.............
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:37 AM   #33

My hood is 110 mm in diameter and 120 mm long. The diameter is much wider than needed as the pana tele lens is only 91 mm in diameter. This is what lead me to the Tamron hood. It is a bit narrower and long. I am hoping this works or I will be selling it on ebay if it is still in one piece?

P.S. No problems here stnkline.
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:16 AM   #34

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Stnkline,
the inside is lined with photographic flocking the same used by NASA for their BIG cameras
I Googled photographic flocking and there is no such thing

Where can I buy some to try.

Thanks for the info!

Stan

Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:03 AM   #35

I doubt it's the same stuff but you can try the light baffle material found here..

http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/restore.htm

Jeff

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:54 AM   #36

Try this link to Edmund Scientific's. It is a paper with or without an adhesive backing and would be easierto apply than plain flocking. It is also a domestic supplier if that makes a difference.

http://www.scientificsonline.com/pro...Q_pn_E_3060068
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:30 PM   #37

stnkline wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Stnkline,
the inside is lined with photographic flocking the same used by NASA for their BIG cameras

Thanks for the info!

Stan

Hi Stan,

LoveLife is a straight shooter and thanks to the guys above you have three instead of no options.
Sold in the USA.
Telephone number:
(800) 336-6537
http://www.donjer.com/softflock/

Call and tell, gee, I forgot her name that you want black flocking for photographic purposes. A word of caution this is not an easy product to work with. It is almost microscopic powdered fibre and you will have to develop a technique to apply it properly. Do not worry you will have enough goods to make 20 hoods. I worked with this stuff outside because it is so fine and gets into everything. If you buy the stuff and want to make a hood send me an email at [email protected]I will dig up the build instructions.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:55 PM   #38

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
stnkline wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Stnkline,

Thanks for the info!

Stan

Quote:
Hi Stan,

LoveLife is a straight shooter and thanks to the guys above you have three instead of no options.
Sold in the USA.
Telephone number: (800) 336-6537

Call and tell, gee, I forgot her name that you want black flocking for photographic purposes. I word of caution this is not an easy product to work with. It is almost microscopic powdered fibre and you will have to develop a technique to apply it properly. Do not worry you will have enough goods to make 20 hoods. I worked with this stuff outside because it is so fine and gets into everything. If you buy the stuff and want to make a hood send me an email at
[email protected]I will dig up the build instructions.
Quote:
Thanks LoveLife. That is what I needed,
Quote:
Stan
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:51 AM   #39

imaruke

Thanks for the link for flocked paper.

I don't know if I want adhesive backed or not.

Stan
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:59 AM   #40

LoveLife wrote:
Telephone number:
(800) 336-6537

[for photo flocking]

Ordered their PHOTO, Black, NYLON, non-relective flocking. Will let you know how it works out--------------

Thanks

Stan