Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 1, 2005, 2:17 AM   #11

CTPhil wrote:
Quote:
maryleek wrote:
Quote:
There is a program called ProShow Gold, which you can download and try freely for 30 days. It is fully operational and creates beautiful shows. I'm new to the software so I can't say for sure if it will do all that you require. I have created a couple of practice shows, burned them to DVD directly from the program and they show beautifully on our TV. There is a very active Yahoo group for this software and someone there could answer your questions. There are several professional photographers who contribute to the list andwho share their knowledge of the program with the list members. To learn more about the proshowgroup group, please visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/proshowgroup

The website for this program is:http://www.photodex.com/products/

I have no connection with this company, other than being a satisfied customer. Best of luck with your search.

Mary
I did trial ProShow, but I don't think it was ProShow Gold. As I recall, I could burn VCD or DVD, but not SVCD, and there was no loop option. I'll have another look to see if the "Gold" version has what I need. Thanks.

I have Proshow Gold and it definitely is worth a look. I've burned a lot ofSVCDsbut it also supports the formats Mary mentioned as well as autorun and executable CDs. You can add soundtrack and syncthem to the video by length and set background colors and transition effects and lengths plus the menu controls are pretty flexible. Overall a great program for the money and definitelyworthtrying out, IMO.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:04 AM   #12

I'm going to download a trial of ProShow Gold today! Thanks!
CTPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:49 PM   #13

With ProShow Gold, can you set up an svcdor dvd slide show to show pics randomly in a loop and play mp3 selections also randomly at the same time as the slide show? In other words, let's say you have 1000 jpg image filesand 100 mp3 music files. Can you burn a dvd or svcd to show the 1000 pics randomly while playing the 100 mp3's randomly in a loop?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 1:20 PM   #14

Fred, when you burn an SVCD with Proshow Gold it actually creates a .mpg video including the pictures, transitions, background mp3, etc. so that you each time you play it you see the same thing. The menu for the SVCD allows you to play each show individually once, or play them all once (you can have more than one show on a SVCD) or loop them continuously.

I don't believe it does what you want, but I'm not positive. Perhaps their website (www.photodex.com) or support can help. I also don't have the latest version which I think is 2.5 so the features you are asking about could have been added to that one.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:45 PM   #15

In case anyone was interested, I bit the bullet and bought ProShow Gold. I think it will do what I want. I already made one "coaster", but I know what I did wrong. The Yahoo! group is helpful. I'm burning everything to DVD, it takes a while, but the price of the media has come down so much, it's like a CD 6 months ago.

The show loops and plays continuously on my DVD player.

The help recieved here is much appreciated.
CTPhil is offline   Reply With Quote