Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:10 PM   #1

Does anyone know which camera will yield better pictures. Can the FZ5 do wide zoom as the Olympus. Thanks in advance.
cuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:22 PM   #2

You need to do a little more research the oly is a 27mm to 110mm so it wins the wide angle and macro war but it is f4.8 at 110mm so it seems to lose at everthing else.

If you do not need the telelens of the FZ5 there are lots of better cameras but the FZ5 holds its own against other big zoom cameras.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:32 PM   #3

Long zoom is nice but I really dont need it. What I am after is nice, realistic images with lots of detail. My budget is about $400 and I mostly print 8x10 pictures. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
cuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:56 PM   #4

These are very different cameras. Both will take quality pictures. That's about as far as you can compare them. Their capabilities and purpose are quite a bit different (wide angle vs long zoom). Take a look at the sample images in the reviews. Steve's has reviews of with comparable sample images.

I think that you will have trouble finding a C7070 for $400. You might be able to find a c5060 for that.
sosawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:05 PM   #5

I didn't think I would need the zoom of the fz20 five months ago now I am considering the tele add on. The zoom makes it possible to get alot of shots you normally wouldn't.
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote