Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:23 PM   #1

All the flowers are very small only 2mm-3mm

only resize with standard windows editor

I still amaze with photos taken with the FZ5 even only after a week playing with this cam!!, I'm very happy bunny now...:|

Attached Images

dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:27 PM   #2

second pic I took with flash, resize only

-mid-
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:48 PM   #3

100% size only cropped, noise is there to see, but I shoot them with less available light and with no flash.
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:56 PM   #4

this is one of the very first pic I took
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:48 PM   #5

Nice shots. The fz5 does a good job with just the macro mode and the tele macro is quite effective. But if you really want to get down and do some macro work, I highly recommend getting one of the +3 diopter dual element macro lens. The best deal for the fz5, IMO, is the nikon 4t and a 55-52mm stepdown ring. Both available from B&H for a total of about $50 shipped. The nice thing about using the macro lens (in addition to theincreased magnification) is you dont have to keep moving back as you increase the zoom. The subject is in focus from about 1 foot away whether you're at 1x or 12x zoom.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:16 PM   #6

#3 and 4 are very lovely.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:47 AM   #7

Thanks very much guys, yours are the inspiration for me to take that photos and making the decision easier for me to bought the FZ5 home.., sorry for my poor english:lol:

Next time I'll consider the close up lenses, but still I don't know which one that I wanted, tele, wide, or close up..??, which one had more fun?

Need your help and opinion

Thx
Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:52 AM   #8

dian wrote:
Quote:
still I don't know which one that I wanted, tele, wide, or close up..??, which one had more fun?
I think the close-up lens extends the use of the fz's more than the wide or tele. You've already shown here an interest and an ability with macro. Go for a macro lens.

Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:00 AM   #9

Many thanks Fred, yeah I think I'll go with macro lens, which one do you think better for fz5, nikon 4T or 6T or mcon 40 or bmacro ?, what I knew is that the mcon40 andbmacroare not upgradable but it has 55mm, and more expensive.

What about quality differences between them?:roll:

Thx again
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:22 PM   #10

dian wrote:
Quote:
Many thanks Fred, yeah I think I'll go with macro lens, which one do you think better for fz5, nikon 4T or 6T or mcon 40 or bmacro ?, what I knew is that the mcon40 andbmacroare not upgradable but it has 55mm, and more expensive.

What about quality differences between them?:roll:
AsI understand it, the mcon40 and bmacro are identical 55mm +3 diopter lens. I have the bmacro and it is an excellent lens. It's hard to come by anymore. I suspect Olympus has discontinued production and replaced it with the mcon40. Either one willcost about $100. Although I don't have one,from what I've seenthe nikon 4t and a 55-52mm step down ring is comparable to the bmacro/mcon40 at half the price. $50 total from B&H photo.

With the 4t you do have the advantage of 52mm front threads for stacking another 4t or perhaps a 3t (1.5 diopter).

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"