Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:14 PM   #11

Seth
these are not to comment, only to praise.

If I could tell something I'd tried the EV bracketing in the second image, or I d selected the underexposed valley and raised a bit its levels (not much to prevent noise from showing out).

Horus Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:00 PM   #12

Hey Narmer, thanks for your input. Don't worry about the critique, I am here to get inspired and better and the only way that can happen is from hearing what you all say in return to what i am already doing.

I think i might have actually bracketed this shot and of the 3, this one was the best. I tried it with the polarizer but that was almost useless cause the sun was almost behind us and as such I think the polarizer was not too effective. I will look through my files, I have close to a 1000 shots from this trip and will post a better one if i have it.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:01 PM   #13

Hey Narmer, thanks for your input. Don't worry about the critique, I am here to get inspired and better and the only way that can happen is from hearing what you all say in return to what i am already doing.

I think i might have actually bracketed this shot and of the 3, this one was the best. I tried it with the polarizer but that was almost useless cause the sun was almost behind us and as such I think the polarizer was not too effective. I will look through my files, I have close to a 1000 shots from this trip and will post a better one if i have it.

seth
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:14 PM   #14

psychooley, I think this shot of mine was taken from the same vantage point as your, except i think you had zoomed a lot more than me. Same cloudless day like yours...lol

It was taken right around noon and the shadows are pretty harsh, but what can you do, can have everything be perfect.

seth
Attached Images

Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:40 PM   #15

Close but not quite the same, mine was in the parking lot near the visitors center. I cropped out some utility lines that ran across the lower image; yours is definitely a better shot with the river foreground.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote