Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:14 PM   #1

Hi everone
From My earlier posts you might know that i was choosing between Panasonic FZ5/20, Sony H1 and Cannon S2IS. Now I am decided on FZ20 but there is a little problem.

Actually I live in Pakistan and wanted to ask a relative coming soon to Pakistan to get the package for me. He is not very comfortable with online experience and e-shopping (infact he doesnot use internet at all) but is presently in the NJ area (I am not exactly sure where). As to the reason why I am not getting it from pakistan is that in Pakistan the asking priceat the outlets is atleast $200 (US) above the actual price set by Panasonic ($600 US).

Given the above facts, what I wanted to ask was can you suggest a storefront where the camera can be bought at a reasonable price say below $500 US in the NY/NJ area. I would also like to know the address of the store to quote to him, like street info etc.

Furthermore availability of the memory cards (high speed atleast 40x) at the same store at a reasonable price (512MB ~ US $50) would be a plus.

Thanks in advance and Regards

Awais

mutated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:00 PM   #2

find out where he is in New Jersey then do a search like circuit city in jersey city new jersey etc...Youll get to the store and then browse online for pricing availability etc...
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:34 PM   #3

awais...in a major store you should be able to get this for around $550 or less. Anything more and you might be over paying (not that the camera is not worth it but why pay more when you don't have to). Tell your relative to shop a little...

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:18 AM   #4

Pappy and Seth thank you so much for the suggestions and help. I will find out where exactly he is in NJ and then inform him of the nearest spot to get one.

Awais
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:37 PM   #5

Awais,

If your relative lives in Northern NJ and can easily get to New York City, both B&H Photo and Adorama have the FZ20 for $500 (plus tax and/or shipping). I've done internet business with B&H and am completely satisfied. I have not done business with Adorama but they also have a good reputation.

B&H Photo
420 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10001, USA

Adorama Camera, Inc.
42 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011

Even if there is Circuit City nearer your relative, the CC website lists the FZ20 at $600-$30 discount but limited availability.

Dick

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:29 PM   #6

Dick I will certainly look into it and let them know.
Thanksfor your time and suggestions

Awais

mutated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:47 PM   #7

I have bought from 6th Avenue's online store before without a problem and I believe they have a reasonably high rating on resellerratings.com. They have the FZ-20 for around $450 and have numerous storefront locations in NJ (http://www.6ave.com/retail_nj.jsp).

That said, I can't argue with the other stores that were suggested as I've bought from them online too before without incident.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:09 AM   #8

Hi
Are you able to confirm that he can walk in a 6 AVE storefront and order and pick up at the same time from there at the price advertised on the website. (with sales tax i think)
If so, then it is definately a good option and I think I will tell him to get one from a 6 Ave store..

Awais
Old Jul 8, 2005, 1:24 PM   #9

mutated wrote:
Quote:
Hi
Are you able to confirm that he can walk in a 6 AVE storefront and order and pick up at the same time from there at the price advertised on the website. (with sales tax i think)
If so, then it is definately a good option and I think I will tell him to get one from a 6 Ave store..

Awais
No, I live in Alabama and have never been to NJ. I have purchased from 6th Avenue online a few times and never had a problem and I know they have numerous storefronts in NJ.You'll have to call 6th Avenue to find out if you canget the website price at the storefront.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote