Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:50 AM   #11

I thought you left Stan. Equipment doesn't make a photographer. I hope you get better, but it looks like you're a ways from being good. I've seen some of your posts. I'll say one thing you do have a lots of EGO:?

Oh yeah, post your 20D pics in the Canon forum please:arrow:
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:44 AM   #12

You're scaring me dude........you need "Hoshin Kanri". This is Japanese and translates loosely toa direction needle or compass. It is a system to help promotesuccess. In your case you areinvolved witha lifestyle that does not appear to be frequenting this forum.Can you not tell by the lack of responses to your post?
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:17 PM   #13

I didn't post as Stan. And I never said I was leaving the forums. I just said that the alter ego of Stan no longer exists because I no longer work for Panasonic.

Rather than Ego..I prefer to think of it as self-confidence.

At the moment, some of my prosumer equipment was limiting some of my capabilities in terms of what I was trying to capture. I will not be totally abandoning my prosumer camera, as the Canon 20D will allow me to do a great deal that I couldn't do on the prosumer models, but there are still some things I like more on the prosumer camera. For the most part, its not so much the camera itself thats the issues, as access to certain lenses and extensions. Also, I don't always intend to use it, but sometimes the ETTL flash (580EX) is nice. Even the built in flash on the Canon blows away the flash on the prosumer model.

In a way, I know I talk a lot of trash and don't have much to back it up..but I also know that eventually I will be able to back it up. If I am over exuberant in this process..its because I am excited for what I see as my potential future. I am a very determined and decisive person. When I decide that something is going to happen (such as me becoming a great photographer) it might take a little time, but consider it a done deal.

I'll be sure to post some shots in the canon forum soon. I want to get a macro lens, but until then, I've been playing with the supermacro mode on my tamron tele lens. When I get use to it and get results I can live with, I'll post some.

FZFUN/MainFragger

FZFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:38 PM   #14

Well, sadly, I was hoping for a more positive response and didn't get it. I've always had that problem to some extent in forums. If you look through a lot of support threads, I find a lot of times people give answers and get "thank you"'s for it. In some cases, i've seen advice that was totally wrong, that I couldn't comment on, and people still got thank yous for it. The few times I was able to help people, crickets chirp.
I don't know why, but even when I take part in on-going threads, it seems like the moment I post my opinion, the thread dies.
Worse yet...I've given people the correct answer in some cases, and my post seems to get totally ignored, and people were still discussing the problem or resolutions for the problem, long after I already either gave them a resolution, or suggested they send their unit to service. It can get pretty frustrating.. Not life altering, but its still nice when people either thank you, or properly debate something with you.
If you notice I try to be very direct and answer issues point for point. I often find that when people DO reply to me, their answers are very scattershot and mercurial in terms of what they are addressing specifically, which makes it hard to properly discuss, because then I don't really know what I am addressing.. I usually try to clarify what is being discussed, but a lot of times, that thread dies because apparently the person or persons just weren't interested enough in the subject to back up or discuss their opinions.

I don't need a compass..I know where I am going. I just have to be able to carry on enough to be able to prove to others that that is where I am going. Thanks for the Japanese Lesson though..I've been trying to teach myself Japanese out of various books and CD's...but my time management has made it difficult to have it really sink in.

MainFragger/FZFUN

FZFUN/MainFragger
Old Jul 11, 2005, 5:25 PM   #15

Give us some details on the FZ30 -- when, where, how, why.
Dean Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:38 PM   #16

Dean, I doubt they would want FZ to know anything that they don't want us or competitors to know.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:53 AM   #17

I don't think Stan/FZ??? is close to action. He was a tech phone dude. Wants to be famous though.
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:58 AM   #18

Quote:
I even used resources that the company was not willing to allow me to have to be able to analyze image quality and exif information from customers with image quality issues. This probably saved Panasonic a lot of money in the long run, as 95% of the "Problems" I've encountered were from lack of understanding of basic photography. Without a way of viewing those images and the exif info, I would have had to have taken the customer's word for it and referred them to service.

I kind of buy into this statement as although I know nothing of photography I bought a FZ10 after lots of research as to the type of camera I wanted and I have never regretted that decision.

I later bought a FZ20 and gave the FZ10 to my wife,I most likely will buy the FZ30 and give the FZ10 to one of my kids.

I am sorting photos from this vacation and I have about 600 to load on the web and make CDs out of to give to friends and family.

And I am extremely happy with the percentage of what I consider really nice photos

Most of the photos I sharpened a bit but only about 20 photos did I run any Noise Reduction on.

For what I do (view photos about full screen on a computer and /or print to about 8 X 10, I am not sure any camera could serve me better.

I am sure a real photographer could take advantage of a different type camera , but not me.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:07 AM   #19

Dude you sure are full of yourself. In your last post you used "I" 18 times in as many sentances. Sheesh.

BTW FYI, there is help for Dissociative Identity Disorders. You know this whole Stan/Brian/FZ/whomever thing you have going.
rink_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:06 PM   #20

Sorry, from what I understand the unveiling of all those details is a week or two away, but up until someone posted an ad from south america engineering was hinting to me that the next camera might not even BE an FZ30. We were laid off before updated information could make it into our hands. Panasonic does not like when info leaks in advance..and they are doing everything they can to keep that kind of stuff to a bare minimum...which means, had they NOT laid us off this year, we would have probably gotten advanced information on the product a week after its release.

MainFragger/FZFUN