Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:12 AM   #1

I currently have an FZ-10, and am soon planning on upgrading to a Canon EOS 20d. I am looking for a good external flash to help w/ some outdoor portraiture and indoor shots.

thanks a ton for your input.

-Jon Rowe
jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 12:46 PM   #2

ThePanasonic hot shoe is not TTL and I bet the Canon is. Are you buying a flashthat can be used onboth, or just the Panasonic?
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:03 AM   #3

i was wanting to buy one that would be for both. i didn't even think about that.

thanks a lot.
jedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 2:41 AM   #4

The Canon lightspeed flash does work on the FZ20 was playing with my friends one. The one he has is their most powerful. The manual modes on the flash are a bit confusing but the flash is quite amazing.Ithas better range than my Sunpak 544 and more settings. The strobe mode on it is just WOW! But then it costs a lot more than my FZ20 :-) He also has the 20d and the flash is a must. also get a better than kit lens those are slow. However I still love my FZ i don't have to worry about cleaning the sensor. And for the same money i can buy a new pana every year for the next few years and all accessories. On the other hand the 20d as expected does take much better pictures and has a really nice burst mode among other things.

Allan
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote