Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:48 PM   #1

Hi, Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time at the beach. I was really looking forward to takingsome pictures of the sunrises,"beach people"and other things.....tohopefully learn more about light and exposure.I had gotten up early to take some sunrise pictures(nota very spectaculer one) and then I was going to get some candids on the beach. I was very disapointed thata very thickhaze appeared right after sunrise. I put my polarizer on and managed to get a few shots. I came upon this homeless fellow dancing in the water which is my first shot. The second shot was taken as he walked down the beach. I zoomed in on him as he was shaded by a cloud.I would be interested in y'alls comments.Oh, The brown stuff on the beach is seaweed form the storm the night before. bentleysmom
Attached Images

bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:49 PM   #2

Here's the second one....
Attached Images

Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:00 AM   #3

Hi, Bentleysmom,

Nice composition.

For me, I might crop the bottom away for the first picture and crop the top a little for the second one. Convert it to Black and white might help to improve the shot and convey the homeless fellow emotions.

It is Just my preference. Thanks for sharing.

doublechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:54 PM   #4

Nice shots. I agree with the cropping suggestion.

Looks like you have something on the lens in #2. Kind of a semicircular thing between the buildings. You can remove that with your editing software.

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:30 PM   #5

mtritt wrote:
Quote:

Looks like you have something on the lens in #2. Kind of a semicircular thing between the buildings. You can remove that with your editing software.

that looks to me like a head-on view of a seagull inadvertently caught in the image...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:33 PM   #6

looks to me like there was a lot of morning fog or mist in the picture... not much you can do to counteract that. actually kind of nice, gives it a softer look and helps mute the harshness of the sunlight.

sunlight! :O whassat???

nice captures...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:26 PM   #7

Hi, Thanks you all for taking the time to look and comment on the pictures. There was alot of heavyhaze that morning and to me it really made the pictures..... Softened them, as Squirl said.....and gave the right feeling. mtritt,Thanks for pointing that out, I checked my lens and filter and then realizedthat was a seagull that inadvertently got in the picture, as Squirl said.I'm sorry I haven't gotten too much into any major softwear yet to get rid of it.....still trying to learn about my new camera. lol I know sooner or later I'll go buy some type of softwear. I appreciateeveryones suggestions and thoughts. You all were very kind to take the time to help me on my journey. bentleysmom
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:40 PM   #8

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
mtritt wrote:
Quote:

that looks to me like a head-on view of a seagull inadvertently caught in the image...
Now that you mention it, it DOES look like a seagull. Oh well, there goes my next UFO theory.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 1:29 AM   #9

I don't think you should have used a polarizer in that situation. The WB was off too. Nice composition though.

Attached Images

RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote