Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:08 PM   #1

Manage to take some macro too.....

Idea leuconoe clara

??? Butt

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:58 PM   #2

Great tchuanye!

The eye is impressive!

I think it┬┤s parthenos sylvia (the blue coloured version)

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 2:13 PM   #3

Lovely work once again. All are good, but I like #1 the best...it looks like she took a regal stance and posed for you.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 9:02 PM   #4

Thanks seemolf for the ID! and Hiroshi for the comments!:-)
Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:39 PM   #5

Great shoots ! congratulations...I have just bought a FZ5 (I sold my 20d and 17-40+70-200 f4usm) because I prefer to have a small camera always with me than a great big one always at home...┬*Now I would like to go into macro with my FZ5 and readed that many people used the Reynox 250 (the one that clips itself on the camera)As I have seen your pictures and as you are using Nikon 6T... I am a bit lost.┬*What is at your opinion to do such nice pictures as you do but with a FZ5 at your opinion?Thanks a lot for your help.Cheers,FacturesHere is one of my 1st pics I took this morning (not a macro, animals are bigger here)
Attached Images

factures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:48 PM   #6

Nice picture factures!
I was i fear of my dragonflies until I saw your picture.

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:06 PM   #7

Nice picture... it's a joke compared to the GREAT ones you took... this exactly what I would love to do with my FZ5 ...┬*Could you tell me what hardware do you have ?┬*Give me some advice about the best lenses / adapter I have to find to play with bugs like you did?Thanks a lot for your help.-> contact me directly if you like at [email protected] the meantime I read much more about macro and fz5 in the other forum (dp..) and found the great pictures taken by Lothar and it's amazing Leica elpro 2 and I think I will start with this one.. what do u think of that choice?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 8:08 PM   #8

factures wrote:
Quote:
Nice picture... it's a joke compared to the GREAT ones you took... this exactly what I would love to do with my FZ5 ...Could you tell me what hardware do you have ?Give me some advice about the best lenses / adapter I have to find to play with bugs like you did?Thanks a lot for your help.-> contact me directly if you like at [email protected] the meantime I read much more about macro and fz5 in the other forum (dp..) and found the great pictures taken by Lothar and it's amazing Leica elpro 2 and I think I will start with this one.. what do u think of that choice?
I think its really what you want to achieve. Basically Close up (CU) lens have the single element type and the double element type. I think the 6T,Sigma, Raynox are double element lens, better quality but abit expensive. The elpro should be too. The CU lens have a dioptre power. The 6T +2.9, 5T+1.5, Sigma +1.6 etc, and the higher the dioptre, the greater the magnification, which also means lesser DOF, and greater challenges in taking pics.

So the question is not which is better ( I think they all are able to deliver good optical results) but what do you want to achieve? Are you taking small 2-5mm bugs? or large insects like DF, butterflies?

If large insects, the 6T is fine. If you want to take details of wings and eyes etc, well, my set up (stacked up) is +4.5 dioptre is able to do so, and I am sure any combination of the double element lens can do that. I cannot comment on the other CU lens as I am not using them, but I have seen excellent pics taken with them! So its really up to you.....

Old Jul 6, 2005, 8:14 PM   #9

Thanks for your reply. Well basically I think I will take an average lens (as I never made any macro yet). I would like to get a 55mm one as it will better fit the camera (Idont like the Reynox 250 as it looks like not stable to me). I would have been going with the Elpro2 but the price in my country is about 300 CHF which makes 230 US$ !!! and I didnt found any on ebay... my second choice would have been the Canon 250D...┬*do you know where to get them cheaper in a shop that ships overseas?Cheers,Factures┬*
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:13 PM   #10

factures wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Well basically I think I will take an average lens (as I never made any macro yet). I would like to get a 55mm one as it will better fit the camera (Idont like the Reynox 250 as it looks like not stable to me). I would have been going with the Elpro2 but the price in my country is about 300 CHF which makes 230 US$ !!! and I didnt found any on ebay... my second choice would have been the Canon 250D...do you know where to get them cheaper in a shop that ships overseas?Cheers,Factures
I am not too sure about where to get on internet. You can consider the 4T which is equivalent to 6T but smaller thread.

BTW, found this site that shows the close up lens available:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/erker/closeups.html

ELPRO 2 is +4.9

Maybe other users can advise....