Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:39 PM   #1

I bought a corsair 1gb 60x SD card this afternoon and it won't work with my fz5. When i put it in the camera it said there was a memory card error and asked if i wanted to format it. When I say yes to this it tries to format and then comes up with the same message and asks me to format it again.

The corsair card works in the card reader attached to my pc, and have tried using the panasonic sd card formatting program but it still won't work.

The panasonic card that came with my camera worksfine and I can format this card without any problems.

Is this likely to be a one-off fault with the sd card? Or has anyone else had problems with this make of card in FZ cameras. It would be useful to know if anyone has before going back so I can get a different make if i need to.

londonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2005, 8:52 PM   #2

Can't help you out there, but just FYI that I'm using a Kingston card, and it's working fine.
Rhombuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:18 AM   #3

I would return the card ..The corsair card is suppose to be a good card but stuff happens.

I would think a replacement would get you going.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:29 AM   #4

I'm using a 40X multimedia Cosair card in my FZ-10 and it works fine. I agree with Genece.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 2:33 PM   #5

I took it back to the shop today and took my camera so I could try a replacement before I left, but the replacement didn't work either. Iguess it must be a bad batchor compatibilityissue.
londonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 3:00 PM   #6

I myself and some others had the same problem with transcend 80x.
Card was testet again by transcend:
It works well inside a transcend factory, any mp3-player and a pc - but not in my FZ5!!
We should gather a list of sd cards working.
It is not a matter of speed, there are some very fast cards working well.
I asked panasonic to this problem, but they did not answer.

I am working with Kingston cards.

..and just to mention this:
be carefull with your old cardreaders, some of them make cryptic errors while reading some pictures. Data on the cards are still intact! The Lumix can read and transfer these data perfectly.
So test your first pictures before you delete them!!!!

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:54 AM   #7

Hi
Is this problemlocal only to FZ-5 and Transcend 80x or are other (lower) speed cards from transcend and Fz-20 also suffer from the same problem.

Awais

mutated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 1:07 AM   #8

Hi,
transcend builds excellent cards.
I hoped this was a "batch" problem.
Is there anybody out there, who has no problems with faster transcend cards?

... forgot one thing:

we all feel with the people of London.

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:17 PM   #9

Cards are a funny thing. I had a CF card with pics that I took to a kiosk at Sam's Club to have printed. The kiosk has several slots for XD, CF, memory sticks, etc. I put the CF in the correct slot but it would not read it, siting format problems. The girl at the desk saw the problem and gave me an adapter to use in a different kind of slot and that solved the problem. There is also software for getting images off 'bad' cards, some are freeware. A couple were mentioned here in the Pany forum and also in the Epson camera forum (not very active, but what the heck.) So while I'd not keep the card mentioned here, don't automatically figure the images on a card are gone when you have problems transferring them.

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 4:03 AM   #10

The FZ5 won't work with Corsair cards that work perfectly in an FZ20. I've had to buy a Kingston card to use with my new FZ5. Corsair and Panasonic are both aware of this problem.
Derek_Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote