Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 6, 2005, 9:47 PM   #1

Camden Riversharks vs Atlantic City Surf -11 AM game Complete 20 pic set at
http://www.ishots.net/fz5/fzbaseball/

FZ1v2 + hoya r72 ir filter + dcr6600

FZ5 + dcr6600

FZ5

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:14 PM   #2

Hi fmoore, I just wanted to tell you that you touched a soft spot in my heart with these pictures. That's a super shot of the whole field and a mighty fine looking stadium. I had three sons that all played college baseball (Division 1)and two of them went on to play pro ball in the minor leagues (Cincinnati and the Mets)for several years....... so I'm partial to ballpark shots...lol.....One of my sons ispresently an assistant coach at a major University in the South East Conference. The other son played with a fellow(L.J. Biernbaum-outfielder)on the Camden Riversharks back when they were in college. I saw your complete set of pictures and really enjoyed them. It's interesting that you used the ir filter when taking some of these shots. The little girl in pink is adorable....She looks so sad and disappointed about something(There's definitely alot going on at baseball games other than ball.) It's a fun place to take pictures. I've got some pictures of my son(coach) and his team with my fz5.. they aren't real good as the sun wasn't cooperating.....Thanks for sharing.....and I'm so sorry that I rambled so long. These pictures got me excited. College and minor league games are so fun to watch. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:38 AM   #3

What a great set of images! Good work!

Chad
jchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:27 AM   #4

super shots Fmoore , allways liked baseball ,these shotsbring back some memories of my minor league days :|
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:07 AM   #5

bentleysmom - Thanks for your nice comments. Much appreciated. L.J. Biernbaum is about the only name I remember from the game. This was a 11 AMgame for the summer day camps, thus the tearful Phillie's sweetheart. This was about the 7th inning and these kids had had enough. The laid back nature of the morning start allowed for some more relaxed photo opps. The ir was an experiment (as always) thatdidn't really prove very successful but a couple of shots were worthwhile. I'd like to go back and do a little more indepth study of the Ben Franklin Bridge.

Thanks Chad and Pappy. Got any shots of your minor league days, Pap?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:44 AM   #6

nope , cameras were not as affordible back then i guess :lol:
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote