Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:35 PM   #21

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
In retrospect, I'm considering doing it this way: Phayee 62mm > 62mm UV filter > Phayee 72mm > 72mm lens hood/and or 72mm lens cap. Comments?

Would there any flaring or shadows from the added length?
Are you describing Phayee adapter 62mm filter inside, outsideconnect Phayee hood, 72mm Hama hood and 72mm cap connected to the Hama.
Your configuration is correct. I do not know if there isvignetting at 1X, but if there is none remember the Hama is a 3-position hood, that is the best solution
Yes, exactly! I think it would look like the pictures in jsiladi's post in this thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Thanks for all of your explanations, I understand everything much better now. The thread genders were throwing me off, I understand that the base Phayee has BOTH inner and outer threads now. Makes much more sense

I'll order my Phayee and UV filter in the morning. I'll hold off on the polarizer for now, until I get a little more experienced and would make better use of it. I also have to find/choose a collapsable hood (probably Hama).

Thanks again!!

Jesse
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:43 PM   #22

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
In retrospect, I'm considering doing it this way: Phayee 62mm > 62mm UV filter > Phayee 72mm > 72mm lens hood/and or 72mm lens cap. Comments?

Would there any flaring or shadows from the added length?
Are you describing Phayee adapter 62mm filter inside, outsideconnect Phayee hood, 72mm Hama hood and 72mm cap connected to the Hama.
Your configuration is correct. I do not know if there isvignetting at 1X, but if there is none remember the Hama is a 3-position hood, that is the best solution
Yes, exactly! I think it would look like the pictures in jsiladi's post in this thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Thanks for all of your explanations, I understand everything much better now. The thread genders were throwing me off, I understand that the base Phayee has BOTH inner and outer threads now. Makes much more sense

I'll order my Phayee and UV filter in the morning. I'll hold off on the polarizer for now, until I get a little more experienced and would make better use of it. I also have to find/choose a collapsable hood (probably Hama).

Thanks again!!

Jesse
You have it correct. Try and explain it to the next guy, I dare you. I wish my adpater was ready for sale it eliminates the different lens mount problems thatmany people have. There is no other hood choice it is the Hama or Hama copy.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:07 AM   #23

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
pappy wrote:
Quote:
Actually the Phayee is the better choice or a similar outfit .The Phayee gets the filters very close to the leica lenstheNikon 6t close upfits very wellalso.Good choice in my opinion .
Phayee is good. Pemaraal is good Yosheda is good but the best 62mm adapter is my own design. I get 62mm 55mm and 52mm very close and do not use step rings.
Lovelife what do you call yours and wheredo i get it ?
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:22 AM   #24

Love Life -Your photos are a great service to anyone considering buying a TC for the FZ series. Thanks.
tuka108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:18 AM   #25

pappy wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
pappy wrote:
Quote:
Actually the Phayee is the better choice or a similar outfit .The Phayee gets the filters very close to the leica lenstheNikon 6t close upfits very wellalso.Good choice in my opinion .
Phayee is good. Pemaraal is good Yosheda is good but the best 62mm adapter is my own design. I get 62mm 55mm and 52mm very close and do not use step rings.
It Is called the CRing Adapter, for more information Email me.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:34 AM   #26

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
pappy wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
pappy wrote:
Quote:

I found a nice description of the CRing posted by you yourself on another board LoveLife. Sounds awesome, is it going into production?
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:08 AM   #27

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
pappy wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
pappy wrote:
Quote:

I found a nice description of the CRing posted by you yourself on another board LoveLife. Sounds awesome, is it going into production?
It should be on sale in 7 days.