Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:54 PM   #11

glad you (and HarjTT too!) are well. our thoughts and prayers are with you and your countrymen. it's good to see the British spirit undimmed and undaunted. the barbaric savages who do these crimes against humanity will face justice, one way or another.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:31 PM   #12

Jussiuk and HarjTT, Thank goodness you all are safe and well! The people of London have shown alot of strength and resolve today through all this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all your fellow Londoners. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 2:43 AM   #13

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
This picture is not meantto be nationalistic or war like but just to demonstrate the remarkable spirit of londoners which I saw displayed everywhere.

Listen! You don't need to be apologetic!!!!! You darn well better get nationalistic.

It's time to stop being politically correct and become militarily active beforetheydestroy usall.

It's time to stop lighting candles and start defending our nations. The time to mourn our dead is after the the war is won.

Being civilized doesn't mean that you have to resign yourself to be exterminated.

These subhuman bastards don't give a rats behind about you. They hate you. They want to kill you. They want to exterminate your way of life and destroy everything you stand for. Their goal is to catapult civilization back a 1000 years. The only way they can be stopped is to destroy them before thedestroy us. Don't you get it?

Where is a Winston Churchill when we need him.

This needed to be said and I will not apologize for this post.

BTW - Fantastic poster...Beautiful artwork

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:31 AM   #14

Glad you all are ok . These spineless cowards that did this will be punished in do time. Keep your guard up and ever watchfull after all they are out to kill and terrorize inocent people .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:59 AM   #15

well said jussiuk.
there is nothing more inspiring in stirring ones resolve and strength to fight terrorsim, in all its forms, than to see the victims stand up dust them selves off and say f#ck terrorism and continue on.
Terrorism is the lowest form of warfare, attacking those who are not involved.
may all there virgins be goats!!!
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:45 AM   #16

Wombat wrote:
Quote:
well said jussiuk.
there is nothing more inspiring in stirring ones resolve and strength to fight terrorsim, in all its forms, than to see the victims stand up dust them selves off and say f#ck terrorism and continue on.
Terrorism is the lowest form of warfare, attacking those who are not involved.
may all their virgins be goats!!!
:lol::lol::lol:well said!

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 6:47 AM   #17

I'm still really disappointed in the behaviour of some businessmen in London. Namely Taxis (who were lying to people about tracin station closures to procure expensive fares as well as selectively leaving people stranded if their journeys didn't suit the most lucrative fare. I was stung twice on thursday.The second group were some hotels that doubled their prices for a one night stay.. Pure filth..Love and respect to the families that lost and the people that have been permanently injured..Rimmer
Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:49 AM   #18

May I add to this thread, the very sincere condolences of my family to all victims, our congratulations to all emergency services personnel and helpers, as well as our utter contempt and disgust at the profiteers as mentioned by Rimmer.

Yes Hiroshi, maybe it IS that time.

And Wombat.........it's DEFINATELY goat time! (quiet smile)

Chad

jchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:30 PM   #19

Thanks all to replies and messages of condolences to us Londoners. I am only an honorary one as I was born in Finland but have lived here sinve 1980 so it feels it is my home.
It has been revolting to see some greed displayed from some taxi drivers and hoteliers in response to this terrible event. However there have been numerous acts of kindness too. The hotel nearest to the bus explosion halved their room prices for that night to just £50!
While I understand the reactions and sentiments as far as revenge etc expressed here by some. I can not say I agree with such sentiments. Without causing any negativity on this board I do not believe the answer to these (and other) senseless acts is more senseless acts of revenge.
I am a pacifist and a Buddhist and thus can not say I would take any pleasure in any acts of violent retaliations like we already saw in Iraq. It only leads to more of the same. The key, in my view, lies in education and that is going to take a long time sadly.
Eye for an eye is imho just a reaction based on emotionalism without investigation of reasons underneath such attacks and trying to find a "cure".
Sorry if this upsets some.

Today was a lovely sunny afternoon here in London and peoples' spirits have lifted even if there is palpable unease and sadness here too. Especially when we are beginning to realise it will be quite some time before we know the full list of the dead. So many people are still missing...
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:45 PM   #20

jussiuk,

While I generally agree with your stance against 'an eye for an eye', in my opinion we're not talking about individuals that can be dealt with any other way as they have in fact told us so. Nor do I think it is simply an 'emotional response'on our part. These terrorists are TAUGHT to hate/kill in the name of Islam at an early age. Obviously not all, but enough. The 'reason' is simple. There is evil in this world that is (again) using religion as an excuse. They have gained enough power and control to teach HATE . It is that simple. Generations before me (in the USA) were TAUGHT to hate blacks. Some still are. Even WITH education (much of it 'forced') it has taken generations to correct and will take generations more. Many lives were taken/ruined as a result. The leaders of these extremist groups today MUST be dealt with so that more generations aren't sacrificed, on BOTH sides. In my opinion, had these leaders been dealt with decades ago, we would not be having this discussion, the 'solution' would not be so 'barbarick' nor would it take nearly as long to 'educate'. In this case, inaction is NOT an option. That, in my opionion is what ultimately got us to this point in history. The world allowed them to grow and in fact our freedoms HELPED them grow. It is NOT as you put it an emotional response. It is the only logical way to deal with them. Unfortunately.

[off topic posts are ok if the header states it is off-topic, right ;-)]

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote