Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:14 AM   #1

I have a Nikon 6T and im looking at buying a Hoya +3 to stack on.
Has anyone stacked the 6T with the Hoya +3, i assume its fairly common. Does the Hoya create soft distorted edge's in combination with the 6T?
Any thoughts will be helpfull.
Wombat
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:00 AM   #2

The 6t will accept any 62mm close-up lens. The hoya +3 is a single element lens and will give you soft corners. Your best bet is to get another 6t and combine it with the other. You might consider getting the 5t, which is only +1.5, but can come in handy if you want to put some more distance between you and the subject. The 5t will focus at about 2' away. You can stack the 5t and 6t for a +4.5 diopter.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:14 AM   #3

Hiroshi,I second the motion to get another 6t. The double lens of the 6t will give clearer edges. DOF at high power will be very limited, but it works - I tried it myself, some samples are here:http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...;highlight=12t
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:18 AM   #4

pschooley1 wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi,I second the motion to get another 6t. The double lens of the 6t will give clearer edges. DOF at high power will be very limited, but it works - I tried it myself, some samples are here:http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...;highlight=12t

So what was your shooting distance with 2 stacked 6T's? How close can you focus at full 12x tele? Oh, and where did you get your 6T's?
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 12:18 AM   #5

Well it was a while ago when I took those pics but it seems that at 12x I was in focus at about a foot away. One 6t was from eBay, the other - I don't really remember, maybe Broadway Photo?
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:31 AM   #6

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
So what was your shooting distance with 2 stacked 6T's? How close can you focus at full 12x tele? Oh, and where did you get your 6T's?
A pair of stacked 6t's would give a working diatance of about 6".

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 11:53 PM   #7

thank you all for your help.

pschooley1 wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi,I second the motion to get another 6t. The double lens of the 6t will give clearer edges. DOF at high power will be very limited, but it works - I tried it myself, some samples are here:http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...&highlight=12t

I liked the look of the stacked 6T's, i think i will head in that direction instead of the HOYA's.
Cheers.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:43 AM   #8

The other option is to get a raynox dcr-250 (+ 8 it is a very nice lens and about the price of a Nikon 6T. If you combine two 6T's you get +5.8 which is pretty close to +8, and you have the option of using the higher magnification if you want with the Raynox. I have the raynox and the 6T and I think they make a nice combination. Heck, ive even stacked the two with still good results.

Cheers

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 3:33 AM   #9

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
The other option is to get a raynox dcr-250 (+ 8 it is a very nice lens and about the price of a Nikon 6T. If you combine two 6T's you get +5.8 which is pretty close to +8, and you have the option of using the higher magnification if you want with the Raynox. I have the raynox and the 6T and I think they make a nice combination. Heck, ive even stacked the two with still good results.
Hi Tree Monkey.
Yeah i've got the Raynox 250, great lens.
wow, i never thought to combine the 6T with the DCR-250. I'd love to see how those shots turned out, how was the DOF with the two combined?