Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:43 PM   #11

If it's real, looks like they've addressed at least some of the FZ20 drawbacks.

Firing button moved out to where (IMHO) it should be, and angled to fit your finger -- zoom control now a wheel and dropped to where focus and zoom may be an easy 2-finger operation for clumsy clots like me.

If you enlarge the pic showing the LCD, it looks like it might be hinged (might also be 3 slide switches -- couldn't get it clear enough to be sure, but anyway they're on the LCD bezel.)

EVF centred properly, focus lamp moved away from the left side to where it's clear of operator's fingers.

Lens barrel looks like it has 2 rings (manual focus and zoom? -- would explain the graduations.)

If you do a Google search on FZ30 you'll turn up a number of Chinese sites with pix of yet another -- probably an early prototype -- that looks like a modified FZ20.

Using the translate option you can garner a few more perhaps spec's.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:48 PM   #12

Idle wrote:
Quote:
If it's real, looks like they've addressed at least some of the FZ20 drawbacks.

Firing button moved out to where (IMHO) it should be, and angled to fit your finger -- zoom control now a wheel and dropped to where focus and zoom may be an easy 2-finger operation for clumsy clots like me.

If you enlarge the pic showing the LCD, it looks like it might be hinged (might also be 3 slide switches -- couldn't get it clear enough to be sure, but anyway they're on the LCD bezel.)

EVF centred properly, focus lamp moved away from the left side to where it's clear of operator's fingers.

Lens barrel looks like it has 2 rings (manual focus and zoom? -- would explain the graduations.)

If you do a Google search on FZ30 you'll turn up a number of Chinese sites with pix of yet another -- probably an early prototype -- that looks like a modified FZ20.

Using the translate option you can garner a few more perhaps spec's.
Where are you looking I just saw a front view?
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:52 PM   #13

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fz307eb.jpg

or http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8715/fz307eb.jpg

You'll find the front view plus some smaller images across the bottom.

Final edit: Looks like they're getting taken down, so look here:

Attached Images

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:52 PM   #14

I would think (and hope) that the front jog dial is an aperture (or shutter speed) quick adjustment wheel, similar to the Nikon D70 design. The D70 has one jog dial on the front and a matching on one the back in the same place - one for aperture control and one for SS. That would be ideal, especially since the FZ20's system is, I'm quickly discovering, quite annoying.
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 12:26 AM   #15

Interesting. It appears from that picture of the lens thatthe fz-30is 44.4-532.8 (2.8-3.7) which is slightly different than the fz-20's 36-432 (2.8 ).
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:30 AM   #16

If it's a 1/1.8 sensor the factor is 4.86

7.4*4.86=35.964
88.8*4.86=431.568:idea:
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:26 AM   #17

Idle

Those earlier Fz30 pitcs were just fakes.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:17 AM   #18

http://www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/cat/pdf/A00006IE.pdf

Spotted this on the dpreview forum (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1033&thread=14175109&pa ge=6)
- its Panasonics CCD sensor document. theres a section on CCD sensors for Digital still cameras:

Part No Size Effective pixel count Nominal pixel count in total ( mode
MN39593PT 9.1 mm 5.36M 2620*1984
(Type-1/1. 8

I doubt whether Panasonic would be using a Sony CCD so it looks as if the FZ30 would be getting this 1/1.8 sensor. Hopefully that'll mean we get a 6MP FZ30.

Harj

PS

Had another look at the picts - the FZ30 looks to have 2 rings, like the LC1/D2 which have manual zoom and aperture rings so i wonder if that means the FZ30 will have a traditional shutter dial like the LC1/D2's as well ? If so that would be seriously nice.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 10:18 AM   #19

Correction - the top dial is just the standard mode/scene selection. I wonder if this new body design is going to be the future for the 4/3rd DSLR - it sure would look good.

Harj

Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:15 PM   #20

Hi All

Question? Who is already planning to get one? :-)

Wander what adaptors it will take? Will I have to get rid of all my accessories

I think by the number of posts there is one person that is already planning on getting one :G

Allan
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote