||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Jul 9, 2005, 3:05 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2005
We all saw the same picture and here are my views from viewing.
1. Rear rubber dial on camera barrel is for F-stops; front rubber ring is for focus
both controls are fly-by-wire.
2. Rotary wheel in front below shutter button is for zoom.
3. Zoom lever moved to rear of shutter button for WYSIWUG preview.
4. Half depression of shutter is for automatic focus only.
5. Camera is still a 12X zoom FZ10, 15 and 20 [6-72] 12x, FZ30 [7.4-88.8] 12x
and the aperture is now F2.8 - F3.7.
6. After a convoluted math game, I think the zoom range is still 36 – 432.
7. The jog dial is moved closer to the right and down. A better location for thumb
8. There is a conspicuous space above it. A new battery compartment?
9. Now the tripod mount can be in the correct place.
10. I see six buttons now located in a more ergonomic place controlled by the thumb.
11. One of the buttons could be a much-needed ISO control.
12. The shutter button is moved forward for better contact with the index finger.
13. The LCD looks like it pops out so what.
14. I believe it will be a six or eight MP unit with the capability of ten. Panasonic had
a press release about it in late 2004.
15. The lens hood is mounted to the fixed portion of the camera barrel. There is too
much space between the lens barrel and the hood, which leads me to believe that
the lensbarrel still moves. Panasonic would have to do this if they wanted to
continue selling their WA and Tele.
16. The top down picture seems to show a camera barrel trim ring which when
removed would show male threads for Panasonic's hood and lens accessories.
17. The right rear of the camera has an ergonomic thumb notch for a better non-slip
18. The diopter control is on the left side of the EVF.
19. There seems to be a larger diameter focus assist lamp.
20. There is still a bump on the right front of the camera for the MF/AF focus control.
>>BTW, this picture is no accident. :|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|