Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:26 PM   #1

Sunday seems like a good day to post flower pictures, so here we go.

3 flowers from my back yard. Your comments are always welcome.

Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:27 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:29 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2005, 2:32 PM   #4

Very nice. I like the soft texture. Now I will have to go out and take some flower pictures. The sun just came out so should be a nice day for it. Wellll maybe after my nap.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 3:10 PM   #5

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Very nice. I like the soft texture. Now I will have to go out and take some flower pictures. The sun just came out so should be a nice day for it. Wellll maybe after my nap.
Thanks tcook. Now, don't forget totilt your head to compensate for your Quasimoto Syndrome (one eye higher than the other), you don't want me to hurt my neck again do you?:G:G:G...Now, forget the nap and go take some great pics!:|
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:31 PM   #6

Hiroshi, Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures. They really brighten my day as it is rainy and dreary here.....and it's suppose to rain all week. I can't decide which one I like the best. I love the colors of the flowers in #1 and #2...but #3 is lovely too. Great pictures! bentleysmom PS. Hiroshi, I noticed that you used manual white balance......How do you set your manual white balance?......sometimes my colors are off and I've tried the other settings....no one has explained that to me....Sorry if it's a dumb question....Thanks for any info. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 9:42 PM   #7

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi, Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures. They really brighten my day as it is rainy and dreary here.....and it's suppose to rain all week. I can't decide which one I like the best. I love the colors of the flowers in #1 and #2...but #3 is lovely too. Great pictures! bentleysmom PS. Hiroshi, I noticed that you used manual white balance......How do you set your manual white balance?......sometimes my colors are off and I've tried the other settings....no one has explained that to me....Sorry if it's a dumb question....Thanks for any info. bentleysmom
Thank you very much for the compliment. I'm really happy that they have brightened your day. It's always nice to get a positive response to the pictures I post, because it helps me to know if I'm on the right track.

Regarding the white balance, it was set on cloudy. It was overcast when I took the pictures this morning. To set it is very simple. Here is the menu for the FZ20

#1 Press menu button on the back of the camera.

#2 First item that shows at the top of the white part of the screen is "white balance" press the "review" partonthe 4way control, it will highlight White balance, you will see a little arrow flashing pointingin the direction ofyour right hand (side), press the right side of your 4way control (thesymbol is the lightning bolt).

#3 your white balance menu is now visible on top is "auto", then the symbol for the sun, cloud, light bulb, flash, etc. use the4way control to go up or down, press the 4way control to the right to choose the desired white balance. THAT"S IT!

I hope I haven't confused you.

Hiroshi
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:21 PM   #8

Hiroshi, I appreciateyour prompt reply. I have used all those settings.....and sometimes thecolor stillisn't right.I have noticed that the "cloudy" setting really warms the colors. (I have been testing all of them)I was wondering if you had used the manual setting with a white or grey card ? I'm not sure exactly how to do that even after reading my manual.....Oh, more trial and error......I'm definitely a slow learner......Thanks, bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:31 PM   #9

Unfortunately I have yet to use the custom WB settings. I apologize for not properly understanding your question. Here is page 68 and 69 of the FZ20 manual. It's pretty self explanatory and does a better job at it than i could.

Hiroshi
Attached Images

Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:13 AM   #10

Hiroshi, I didn't want to start a new post for my one flower picture so I thought I would slide it into yours. Hope you don't mind, and that its beauty doesn't detract from the beauty of your post.
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote