Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 10, 2005, 9:17 PM   #1

Hi All, I went to a 4th of July parade in my small local town which was close to where the fireworks show was to be......so that I could plan about my fireworks pictures that night. My mother had a medical emergency, so I missed the fireworks.......But I took these pictures at the parade. It was at noon.....so the pictures aren't great.....but I thought you fellows might like to see these old Fords. They were coming down the street too fast for me to change any settings...sorry (They have been cropped and edited.The sun was terribly bright.) bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2005, 9:19 PM   #2

Here's the second picture....
Old Jul 10, 2005, 9:20 PM   #3

#3 Aren't they great cars?
Old Jul 10, 2005, 9:22 PM   #4

#4 Here's another one
Old Jul 10, 2005, 9:23 PM   #5

And the last one......I hope that you all enjoy them.... bentleysmom
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:00 PM   #6

B.M. Thanks for sharing. The pictures look great:!:Whatever you've done in post processing worked. Although I suspect that the originals needed very little work before tweaking . Nice job.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:01 PM   #7

doesn't look like you needed to worry about changing settings... these came out just fine! some beautifully restored antiques there!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"hope Dennis didn't cause you any problems!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:13 AM   #8

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Hi All, I went to a 4th of July parade in my small local town which was close to where the fireworks show was to be......so that I could plan about my fireworks pictures that night. My mother had a medical emergency, so I missed the fireworks.......But I took these pictures at the parade. It was at noon.....so the pictures aren't great.....but I thought you fellows might like to see these old Fords. They were coming down the street too fast for me to change any settings...sorry (They have been cropped and edited.The sun was terribly bright.) bentleysmom
Your exposure and processing technique is good, the weakness is the busy backgrounds and some chopped fenders. When you do not have control of the situation this can be difficult or impossible. If you cannot cure the situation on location the job needs to be done with PP. This is not easy and can be over done with too much blur. This picture was sharp from the central figure back. It took about 30 minutes to get this effect.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:41 AM   #9

I appreciate everyones comments and encouragement.I'm finding out that there is so much more to photography........Everyday I learn something new. Thanks for your comments and suggestions Lovelife. I realizedthe backgrounds were too busy and distractingas I was PP with Picassa.......I need a better PP...I'm not there yet......I'm going out tomorrow to look for PP software....I have been reading all about them.....but I am limited with my budget.You are right I had nocontrol over the situation......I did move a couple of times but it didnt seem yo help......I was fighting bright sun, dark shadows,rapid pace of the parade,and many people.....I appreciate so much your time and your helping me!I find taking picture is challenging, much fun,and so satisfying. BTW, I really like the picture of your"telephone talker"bentleysmom
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:56 AM   #10

Looks like you are doing well with Picasa! But if you are after the best program then I do not think anything can beat Photoshop...but it is very pricey!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote