Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:34 PM   #1

Im looking for a quality and preferably small wrist strap for my FZ5. I dont really like the size of the neckstrap. Anyone have any ideas or straps they prefer? Thanks.
avila724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:45 AM   #2

I felt the same way as you do. The reason for me, was when taking my camera with me on a hike or trip I carry it in a small camera bag which is just big enough for the camera, extra batteries and extra memory cards. My bag has a neck strap/shoulder strap which is fine, but I don't want to have a second strap (camera) wrapped around my neck also. Plus, every time I went to put my camera in my bag, I would have to wrap up the neck strap to fit it in. I know that sounds petty, but it's a nusiance. I ended up getting a hand strap off of ebay. I really like it. It fits nicely, compliments the camera and makes the camera one with my hand. The only downfall (which doesn't really bother me, but I thought I would at least write it down) 1. You have to unscrew the bottom of the strap when replacing batteries or memory cards. 2. I can fit my entire hand (minus my thumb of course) in the strap, but then it's kinda hard for my index finger to push the shutter button. I ended up only putting three of my fingers in through the strap with my index finger over the strap to reach the shutter button and that works great with me. Here is a link to ebay for one of these straps and it is from the seller I bought mine from. If you find something different let us know. I am always looking for something new.

Wrist Strap
TheHartster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:17 PM   #3

Thanks, I will look into that. Anyone else have any recommendations?
avila724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:26 PM   #4

I took a wrist strap off an old pocket camera. It's a simple loop with a single attachment that fit the eyelet, and doesn't get in the way of the battery/SD door.

Like the Hartster, I carry my FZ in a small soft case, and the strap stores away quickly.Unlike the Hartster, I use a fanny pack belt instead of a neck strap, the case sits on my right hip like a holster. After years of using a SLR with neck strap, I much prefer the new setup.
pmjwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 8:43 AM   #5

I have my FZ20 in a belt-pac that just fits the camera and assorted goodies. Took the supplied Pana strap and removed one end from the cameraand hooked it onto the remaining strap. Somewhat like a cowboys' lasso but with a fixed loop. I am paranoid about dropping the camera. This way I still have the camera in the belt-pac and thelasso around my neck.

I usually keep the belt-pac open.With a Tele/WA on the FZ20 the cover will not completely close. But the camera is at the ready and still safe!!

STAN
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:35 AM   #6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...64343&rd=1

I use and like this strap on both my FZ's. Small, lightand comfortable with just enough room to move the camera around to good positions. Seems pretty strong as well.
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote