Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:49 PM   #11

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
lol, point taken. (Un?)fortunately for me, I'm enough of a newbie to not require the best name-brand accessories, if they get the job done and I don't notice a sacrifice in quality.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Did you know that the Phayee design was stolen from another company? Why anyone would want to wait 2-3 weeks to save $15.00 is beyond me. I quess you are the new breed of American that just wants cheep no matter who it hurts. Make no mistake about it this door swings both ways. Some day you will wake up out of a job and wondering what happened.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:39 PM   #12

Care to provide a link where someone can purchase the Chen adapter online? Someone who isn't fluent in Chinese, that is.

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
lol, point taken. (Un?)fortunately for me, I'm enough of a newbie to not require the best name-brand accessories, if they get the job done and I don't notice a sacrifice in quality.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Did you know that the Phayee design was stolen from another company? Why anyone would want to wait 2-3 weeks to save $15.00 is beyond me. I quess you are the new breed of American that just wants cheep no matter who it hurts. Make no mistake about it this door swings both ways. Some day you will wake up out of a job and wondering what happened.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:51 PM   #13

Don't be so harsh about it. The point is, overall I'm still a photography newbie. What's more, I can't afford to be buying the biggest and best equipment out there. I have to make a sacrifice somewhere. And if I can get a pretty good accessory for cheaper, without sacrificing image quality, then yes; at my current situation I will buy the cheaper part.

And I don't think discount camera lenses will be causing the end of the American economy as we know it :roll:
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 6:26 PM   #14

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
Don't be so harsh about it. The point is, overall I'm still a photography newbie. What's more, I can't afford to be buying the biggest and best equipment out there. I have to make a sacrifice somewhere. And if I can get a pretty good accessory for cheaper, without sacrificing image quality, then yes; at my current situation I will buy the cheaper part.

And I don't think discount camera lenses will be causing the end of the American economy as we know it :roll:
I am not saying do not buy from the outside the United States. That is your right and priveledge. What I am saying is do not buy from an outfit in China that is selling conterfits. That is a double wammy. You are so wrong... Just take your attitude an multiply by59,146,826.8 people about 20% of the US population then multiply that by$15.00 $887,202,402.00
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:58 PM   #15

Hey Lovelife

Before you continue to beat up sprocket, go tell your tale to GM, Ford and IBM among others. I'm sure many folks don't know the background you suggest. These are somewhat Micky Mouse items compared to the above.

It's fine that you let folks know what you feel, but no need to beat the guy to death.

BTW ... where is your lens adaptor that you were coming out with. As I recall, you indicated that it was coming out soon, and it seems that was a few months back. Have you got a date yet?

Have a great day.... LarryB
Larry Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:31 PM   #16

When I selected the Phayee is did a lot of searching and the three adapters that routinely were discussed were the Raynox, Pemeraal, & Phayee - too bad Lovelife did not present this discussion back in January or I might have looked into another option. Perhaps he should now mention a name and source of the American adapter so that this discourse may be useful to people making future purchases. I have not seen a mention of any of the manufacturers information that would aid someone who desired to avoid purchasing the reverse engineered Phayee.The really sad thing is that so much of the good quality photo gear is made over one sea or another.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 6:45 PM   #17

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:

I am going to be selling my adapter sometime nextweek. Its not Phayee's competition that I fear, it their way of doing business. China is a location were machined parts can be made for peanuts. If they can make a quality item why not develop there own brand names instead of stealing some one else's. I would not be upset if they copied a Permaal made in USA, Yoshida made in Taiwan, or Raynox made in Japan adapters Most of there products are functionally similar they are competing on price and size. They could have made a plain adapter and sold it for $18.00. but choose to steal a Chin adapter and sell it for $26.00.