Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:29 PM   #1

Okay, so I just sent the Paypal fundage for the following:

- FZ20 Phayee Adapter kit ($22.50 USD)
- 62mm custom Lens Cap with cord/tether ($2.50 USD)
- 72mm custom Lens Cap with cord/tether ($2.50 USD)
- 62mm HOYA HMC UV filter ($15.00 USD)
- OEM DMW-BM7 battery ($19.00 USD)
- Lens Cloth ($2.00 USD)

It took him almost a week to get back with me from the initial contact, but I suppose he stays pretty busy. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be rockin' (and protected ) in about 2 weeks!

That is all :blah:

Jesse

sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2

Depending on your shipping it might be longer, I had to wait 6 weeks but I am very happy with the adapter and Rong kept in communication and was ready to send another the week mine finally arrived.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:15 PM   #3

He took a few days to get back to me also but after I made payment, my order arrived in 14 days.
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:23 AM   #4

My order was within the week (but I guess Australia is a bit closer).

As for the quality of my Adaptor kit and remote cable........11/10!

A much better alternative to genuine I'd say.

Chad
jchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:00 PM   #5

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
Okay, so I just sent the Paypal fundage for the following:

- FZ20 Phayee Adapter kit ($22.50 USD)
- 62mm custom Lens Cap with cord/tether ($2.50 USD)
- 72mm custom Lens Cap with cord/tether ($2.50 USD)
- 62mm HOYA HMC UV filter ($15.00 USD)
- OEM DMW-BM7 battery ($19.00 USD)
- Lens Cloth ($2.00 USD)

It took him almost a week to get back with me from the initial contact, but I suppose he stays pretty busy. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be rockin' (and protected ) in about 2 weeks!

That is all :blah:

Jesse

Now all you need is a Hama lens hood. Why did you buy two lens caps the 62mm does the job. How much did you pay for shipping?

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:30 PM   #6

Yes, I will order the Hama shortly. And I got both lens caps because 1) if I ever want to shoot with the lens hood and tube off, like a low-lit indoor situation or something, I want to have the peace of mind of a lens cap (silly, I know), and 2) because it was only $2.50. Might as well, y'know? I wanted a tethered version of each.

And shipping was $9 for standard Air Mail, slightly higher than the $6.50 advertised on his eBay store (though I had a slightly larger order).
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:36 PM   #7

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I will order the Hama shortly. And I got both lens caps because 1) if I ever want to shoot with the lens hood and tube off, like a low-lit indoor situation or something, I want to have the peace of mind of a lens cap (silly, I know), and 2) because it was only $2.50. Might as well, y'know? I wanted a tethered version of each.

And shipping was $9 for standard Air Mail, slightly higher than the $6.50 advertised on his eBay store (though I had a slightly larger order).
Someone did not instruct you on the fine points of the product. He would rather sell you what you do not need. The Phayee is designed so that you can use the 62mm lens cap and change filters without removing the hood. The 72mm was not needed.
That is too cheap to be real for an HMC.
Some people pay $1.00 more per item for shipping.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:16 PM   #8

Ah yes, I never thought of simply using the 62 mm cap, even with the 72mm hood on. Ah well, no matter.

Re: HMC filter - I've seen several users who have used their Phayee HMC with no complaints... Dunno. I want the lens protection more than anything.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:36 PM   #9

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
Ah yes, I never thought of simply using the 62 mm cap, even with the 72mm hood on. Ah well, no matter.

Re: HMC filter - I've seen several users who have used their Phayee HMC with no complaints... Dunno. I want the lens protection more than anything.
A counterfeit even if made correctly is a counterfeit. Maybe it is not coated maybe it has only one coat. Do you know ifit is coated?I am going to find out from Hoya. That is below dealer cost. A 62mm should sell for $25.50 and that is with large wholesale purchases. I just looked on ebay and all the low-ball HMC filters are shipping out of.. good evening Walmart Shoppers do we have bargins for you. The US vendors are selling them for the expected price.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:42 PM   #10

lol, point taken. (Un?)fortunately for me, I'm enough of a newbie to not require the best name-brand accessories, if they get the job done and I don't notice a sacrifice in quality.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.